Hatch from another source

sambo8772

Hi guys,

I am having issues transferring hatching across. I have some files from another person, including multiple drawings and xrefs.

The hatching that they have is not transferring across, not only is it a completely different colour, but the pattern isn't showing either. Is there something I'm missing, or do I have to try and recreate the hatch on my own computer? Or is it to do with the plot style when printing/exporting?

I hope this makes sense, it's really hard to explain.

Thanks

The hatches are shown, if they are visible at all, as proxy objects because the hatch pattern files don't exist in YOUR support file path. Some may not show up at all simply because the software could not build a proxy object for one of the patterns, or the hatch scale is way too large for how AutoCad is displaying them. Another reason they don't show up is that the "Don't show proxy objects" button was clicked on the proxy object warning dialog box when you opened the drawing. The color is dependent on which layer the hatch is on or the hatch object property may be set to a specific color. Missing hatch pattern files don't always trigger the proxy object warning dialog box.

Proxy objects are replacements for drawing objects created in another program, be it AutoCad or not, outside of your current software program. The patterns and/or data supporting the graphic image of the object are not available to your current software. Your program reproduces what it has to work with, which is only the graphic image of the object on the screen, without any editable "data" behind it, just to let you know something is there.

If you MUST edit them, they need to be replaced with one of the hatch patterns in your files, unless the supplier of the drawings in question could send you the hatch pattern files they are using. You will then have to Add the pattern file(s) folder location to the support file search path using your OPTIONS>> FILES tab. I think, using AutoCad 2013, you still have to use the Custom Hatches button to find them in the hatch dialog box after you add the folder to the search path.

Custom hatch pattern files usually are stored one pattern to a file with the file extension .pat, while your default list of hatches that came with your program are probably all kept in one file, which is best left alone even though it is possible to add patterns to it manually.

Edited by Dana W