• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sleepy86

• Manila Wolf

• ReMark

• SLW210

The file is 5.6 meg. It is not going to attach here, and that 4shared website is so full of adds and membership sales attempts, I can't even find the correct download link. I am not going to use it.

The flickr picture is, by the way not usable. The resolution is not even close to clear. A picture of the list of blocks isn't very helpful anyway.

Try uploading the file to dropbox. At least that hosting page is usable.

The file is 5.6 meg. It is not going to attach here, and that 4shared website is so full of adds and membership sales attempts, I can't even find the correct download link. I am not going to use it.

The flickr picture is, by the way not usable. The resolution is not even close to clear. A picture of the list of blocks isn't very helpful anyway.

Try uploading the file to dropbox. At least that hosting page is usable.

If you have solution. Pls advice me, Just talking like it. It has no meaning

Can you post the files to CADTutor?

Yes I do it. I cannot upload in CADTUTOR because there is an error when finishing. I don't why. But I uploaded in 4shared already.

If you have solution. Pls advice me, Just talking like it. It has no meaning
Re-read my last line. Oh, never mind. I feel as petulant as you do, this morning.

I tried already. But I think it does not take effect.

You think, or you know?

WBlock will work unless you have instances of the objects in your drawing.

Dear all,

I have problem with autocad 2D. My drawings have many unused blocks Which have no object inside. But it stay in my cad drawing and make my drawings size very big. So anyone who can give me solution about this problem.

Many thanks.

I was able to read the image and for what it is worth the listed blocks, in my opinion, do not correspond to any recognizable AutoCAD format as regards the naming of blocks including anonymous blocks. Therefore I suspect the blocks in question may have originated in a program other than AutoCAD.

Was the drawing every edited using another program or was content from a non-AutoDesk product used in the drawing (ex. - Microstation)? What is the source of the drawing?

The only thing I can think of that might work is a program called SuperPurge by a company named Manusoft. I no longer have the program loaded on my cad computer and even if I did without access to a copy of the drawing I can not run a test on it. Sorry.

I would have thought that WBLOCK applied to the whole drawing should have worked.

If not, It looks to me like SLW210 and ReMark are on the right lines regarding the possibility of Microstation linetypes being within the drawing.

If I were you I would make a copy of your drawing before you try these: -

Try the AutoCAD command -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD

You will be creating a new drawing with this command so will need to have a new file name.

If this doesn't work, try exporting your drawing as a .DGN file then import the .DGN file back into a new blank drawing.

DGNEXPORT is the command to export and DGNIMPORT is the command to bring it into the new drawing.

To fully evaluate your drawing, you will need to also upload the following shape files: -

Belgroma.shx

geopus.shx

infraaqua.shx

aquafin.shx

wwk.shx

infraaqua1.shx

Probably not a good indication, but I did try your drawing by cancelling the above shape files.

All three methods worked. That is Wblock, -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and DGNExport/Import.

But as I say, for a full evaluation you need to upload the shape files.

I am curious, did you try these suggested fixes yourself?

To fully evaluate your drawing, you will need to also upload the following shape files: -

Belgroma.shx

geopus.shx

infraaqua.shx

aquafin.shx

wwk.shx

infraaqua1.shx

Probably not a good indication, but I did try your drawing by cancelling the above shape files.

All three methods worked. That is Wblock, -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and DGNExport/Import.

But as I say, for a full evaluation you need to upload the shape files.

I am curious, did you try these suggested fixes yourself?

Your suggestion does not take effect. I think The missing shx is not influenced on file size. You can substitute by the others. you see my question is how to remove unused block. Because I known that make the file size big

You're problem would appear to be with linetypes, there is a problem that is known, and apparently there is a hotfix for it on the Autodesk site, but it involves a download and I don't have rights to install updates, on this machine so I can't test it. Someone else may know how well that works. But your drawing contains loads of linetypes that can't be removed, and I think theses are tied into your problem with blocks that won't delete or purge