Book/tutorial recommendations

cadmikee

Hi,

I have the opportunity to use full AutoCAD rather than LT and I want to get back into 3D modelling as I have used Pro-E (several years ago now) and want to get back into it, mainly as 3D printing seems to be taking off and I want to be able to produce prototypes for various applications.

As a 2D user, can anyone suggest a good book or tutorial that I can start with to develop my skills. I favour the type of tutorial that takes you step by step through producing various items, for example, how to create a typical model with through holes, protrusions, fillets etc.

I've heard Lynda dot com is meant to be good for tutorial. worth it?

Anyone have any recommendations other than spending £100's on a training course.

Many Thanks

Mike

What version of full AutoCAD would you be using?

Wouldn't you rather work in Pro-E, or something similar, rather than use AutoCAD? I think you'd be disappointed to some degree.

If you're just starting in 3D with AutoCAD I'd recommend that you become very familiar with the following commands

• EXTRUDE
  • REGION
  • REVOLVE
  • SLICE
  • SOLIDEDIT
  • 3DFORBIT

There's lots more to discover, but these commands will get you off to a good start doing 3D modeling in AutoCAD.