using screen menus

BIGAL

Hi Guys need some help, after reading another post I thought I would re invent a screen menu for the answer. Now screen menus are temporary turned off but can be enabled by setting the varaiable screenmenu to 1 or by using redefine screenmenu. Thats part ok and the blank screen menu pops up, putting it on 2nd screen makes life easy.

Now the problem I can not get the screen portion of the menu to load, at home I can see it in the CUI as a legacy menu, at work it just does not appear at all ? Using the home version the menu does not populate just returns Nil. I have tried some old menu's I have and they do not work either.

Any ideas ? The menu is loaded as a partial stand alone menu.

***MENUGROUP=ALSSCRN
***SCREEN
**Srcn1 3
[Pick num]
[line1]0
[1]1
[2]2
[3]3
**Scrn2 3
[pick num2]
[line2]-1
[line3]-4
[4]4
[5]5

; calling code to load menu
(setvar "screenmenu" 1)
(menucmd "S=Scrn1")

Found out an answer the screen menu appears to be only called from a pop menu or a lisp and can not be tested from the command line, its been a long time since I used them I still say its a handy tool you can have a description and a hidden value that you can click on as an alternative to the keyboard.

**brickwid 3
[AutoCAD]^C^C^P$S=X $S=S
[select] 
[no of] 
[bricks]

[ 0.5]110
[ 1.0]230
[ 1.5]360
[ 2.0]470
[ 2.5]590
[ 3.0]710
[ 3.5]830

**BO 3
BRICK
ROD
OPENING
LENGTHS

[0 - 2390]$S=BO1
[TO  4670]$S=BO2
[TO  6950]$S=BO3
[TO  9230]$S=BO4
[TO 11510]$S=BO5
[TO 12110]$S=BO6

BIGAL, you're always pushing a boundary somewhere. What you have written looks very interesting, though I don't think I fully understand yet. Any chance of a screen shot?

YZ say you have a lisp that asks for a predefined value in this example its the length of a brick its a hard number to remember but its a standard size the lisp program asks via (getreal "Enter bricks) for a value as your menu is diplayed I click 3 bricks but it returns the value 830 to the lisp program and draws a line 3 bricks long.

A foot example say you have lighting 2'6" thats 4 keystrokes a screen menu its 1 pick and no typos. 2'7" :shock:

I used them in a software package that was created some years ago and its suprising how usefull they can be, you can do stuff also like casading menus.

1-0

11-20

21-30

pick 1-10 then you get menu

I am drawing kerb returns I would have two options

B2 Inner Outer then sub menu

[inner]

[Outer]

I don't think screenmenu is available in LT it certainly isn't a recognised variable, and apparently it is no longer supported in full autocad, and has been removed/disabled.

AFAIK it was still available in 2014 Full AutoCAD, I do believe it needs to be "redefined" since 2012 or so, but yes, it is not available in any LT.