Which autodesk program can convert solidwork files?

albylu

Greeting,

I have drawings that were created by solidworks. The files are either slddrw or sldprt files. I tried to import them into my autoCad 14 but got error message. I have no intention to buy solidwork, can someone help me?

Regards,

Albert.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Inventor can, at least I assume it can, I know it handles quite a range of file types.

Probably Inventor FUSION too, which was freeware, not sure if it still is.

If you don't have access to Inventor you could download the free 30 day trial from Autodesk,

so you could use it to import and convert those files to an Autocad friendly file type.

I'm going to recommend that you take a look at AutoDesk Fusion 360. It can import sldprt files. From the Design-Engineering.com website re: "Inside Fusion 360".......

Fusion360_import.PNG

Um my 2015 says that it can import SolidWorks (.prt, .sldprt, .asm and .sldasm). Can you share a small file I can try?

Edit: When you install AutoCAD isn't there an option to allow it to work/exchange files with other modeling programs?