Font Different When Inserting Into Different Drawings

I have 2 drawings. Same t-block inserted in each.

TEST-ROMAND-1 drawing is correct.

TEST-romand-2-wrong drawing is not correct.

Why would the -2 drawing with the same t-block list out romand, when the correct drawing, -1 lists out ROMAND?

My support file search path to the fonts are the same and the choices in "STYLE" dialog box in the -2 drawings choice is lower caps romand, when the -1 drawing has the upper case choice of ROMAND.

The -1 drawing plots out correct, the -2 drawing plots the text wrong.

OK, I couldn't attach 2 files, so here is the correct one:

TEST-ROMAND-1.dwg

OK, maybe this will work. Wrong drawing:

-2-romand.dwg

Edited by gsksun4

I don't even know what a "font style" is, but Text Styles are stored within the drawing, and the settings for Romand text style are different in the two drawings (see attached) Notice in drawing "1" there's nothing in the "Font Style" field, in fact it's greyed out. In drawing "2" the "Font Style" is Regular. Again, I offer no explanation, but if you change the "Font Name" for romand text style in drawing "2" to anything other than romand.shx then Apply, then change it back to romand.shx and Apply, the "font style" will be greyed out like drawing "1" and when you REGENALL the drawing, the Text is displayed the same.

There's the difference... if you figure out what a "font style" is, and why it changes from being an available field to being an unavailable field when you temporarily change the font then change it back, please post your findings... I'm kinda curious now.

Text Style - Font style.jpg

Thanks Dana. I think you're right about that being a property for TT fonts, I wonder what caused it to show "regular" for romand.shx in the OP's 2nd drawing? AutoCAD must have been out too late the night before. :lol:

Well, it worked like a charm. Nestly, thanks so much. I was also able to fix the ROMANS font in that t-block as well with the same solution.

Dana, that's again for your input as well once again. You folks are the best!

Have a great day!

Glenn

Thanks Dana. I think you're right about that being a property for TT fonts, I wonder what caused it to show "regular" for romand.shx in the OP's 2nd drawing? AutoCAD must have been out too late the night before. :lol:
Um, maybe it was a MS Office/ Windows Fonts version difference on two different computers. I have run into similar issues before. A few MS/Windows fonts have been updated and expanded upon over the years. In some older MS versions the fonts don't have style options for bold and other things, where in the 2013 version they do. Of course, the updates usually come in new renamed fonts, like Ariel Bold Fat and Ugly, Romans Too Skinny, and the like. ;)

I have MS Office 2007 on a laptop, and 2013 on the PC here, and I see this occasionally. I don't even know why I remember this. It's been a while.