Copying assembly features

Malog

Hi I have created an assembly file .iam with an assembly feature with two participating parts. I want to copy this feature to other point in the assembly.

Selecting the assembly feature in the browser and right clicking gives not the "Copy" option.

So is there any way to copy the assembly feature ?

Thanks

Manolis

Most likely you have created the feature based on a sketch parent that cannot go with the child and the child can't leave the parent.

And then the next question is - "Do you really really really want a feature that is at the assembly level?" That is, a feature in the real world that is not added until after the parts are assembled (like a match-machined hole or a weld bead).

Or are you really trying to edit the part in the context of the assembly - but your intention is to have the feature at the part level?

Hello Mather.

Firstly I want really, really, really thank you for your prompt response!

Indeed the feature is a extruded cut (hole) which spans to two beams to be connected. I want to copy this hole to other connection points. I do not want to have the feature at the part level.

Thanks again

Manolis

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am wondering if it is easier to just copy the assembly sketch which created the multipart assembly feature,

instead of trying to copy the assembly feature itself.

That's life folks.

Manolis