How to import True Type fonts into Autocad 2000

Brian54

You don't. TrueType fonts come with your Windows OS, not with AutoCAD, and have to be installed. Directions may vary slightly depending on the OS you are running. The Microsoft website has full directions for every flavor of Windows out there so just look for the one that applies to your situation.

Thanks for the answer in your post. Because I'm running a virtual machine that is in XP Mode and emulating Windows 2000, I think that Autocad can't see the MS7 OS that my laptop has TTFs already loaded in. I imported the font into my MS7, but Autocad can't seem to be able to find it.

I've never heard of "importing" a font into Windows but I have heard, and I have "installed" plenty of Windows fonts some of which I ended up using in AutoCAD. I run Win7 Ultimate.

Did you install the full Windows XP into the virtual machine? Then it would have all the proper fonts.

You may have to set up network pathing between the virtual machine and the proper Windows 7 machine to transfer files.

I went to Microsoft website and was able to use their info to set up the virtual machine. I can't seem to get into it to find out exactly how the XP Mode is operating. I tried to do a search in the virtual machine to find any .ttf files but it won't let me do the search. It asks what software I want to use to open the XP Mode file for the virtual machine. the file is a .vhd which is the file that represents the hard drive of the virtual machine. I can't open it to search for the .ttf files, so I can load the new fonts into that location and hopefully be found by autocad running in the virtual machine.

A virtual machine is working in a little world of its own, and cannot interact with the host machine running another operating system.

Can you access the internet with your virtual machine? Then you could directly install fonts. AutoCAD would have difficulty accessing fonts in another operating system. :cry: