Line Type Tool Bar Missing in 2014 and 2015

Bill Tillman

We have recently updated some users to AutoCAD 2014 and 2015. The one thing the users are complaining about is their toolbars are not the same. So this morning one of them asked my why he no longer sees the line type tool bar in his 2014 version, even though he's running it in AutoCAD Classic mode. I checked a few things but can't seem to find anything on this tool bar. How does one add it to the top of the users screen so he can get his familiar 2009 setup back. See image for the tool bar as it appears on my 2013 version. We want to make this same tool bar appear on his desktop.

LineTypeToolBar.png

That's called the "Properties" toolbar, and yes you are correct that it's not turned on by default in 2014. Neither is it in 2015 because Autodesk no longer includes a "Classic" workspace, but the toolbar is still available in both if you simply turn it on.

Just right click on any existing toolbar and put a Checkmark next to "Properties" (don't forget to save the workspace to make the change permanent)

I've been telling people to start utilizing the properties box. It's amazing how many people don't realize how convenient it is for a lot of editing tasks.

This may be an issue due to 2014 or just a new install. But when I right+click on any of the user's toolbars, a large menu appears but the word "Properties" is nowhere to be found in it. On my 2013 machine it's there.

I should have added that you have to right click on a standard AutoCAD toolbar. So try this, right-click on the grey area behind the toolbars, then hover "AutoCAD" to show all the standard AutoCAD toolbars. "Properties" should be on the list.

OR

Type -TOOLBAR at the command line (include the dash), then when prompted for the toolbar name, type "Properties" then pick a location where you want the toolbar located when prompted. Do either of those work?

Properties Toobar.gif