2-d axes have disappeared

dch888

Hi,

I have been working fine with a large 2d drawing. Recently I added some 3d elements to one part of the drawing and since then I cannot switch back to 2-d mode. I select the simple drafting mode but the axes are still in 3d (i.e z is projecting out of the drawing). clicking on TOP on the cube shows a plan view but when I zoom in the view is 3d again, ie slightly from one side. What's going on, how can I set it back to pure 2d?

Thanks

David.

At the command line, type "UCS" then choose the "World" option. Next type "Plan" and choose "World"

If that doesn't work, post a screenshot of your AutoCAD window when the view is not as you want.

Awesome, thanks Nestly, that seems to have done the trick, although now a couple of things are changed. One is that the axes in the bottom left still shows a Z axis although it is pointing straight up so I only see the Z coordinate label itself and not the axis (before it was at an angle). Perhaps this is normal and indicates that there are elements in the drawing with Z-information? Another thing is that whenever I click on any element in the drawing - e.g. a line or arc or anything I get 'mini-axes' now centered on that object - slightly unnecessary! How can I turn that off?

Thanks again, David.

It sounds like you're in a 3D visual style. The "mini-axis" is probably the Move Gizmo. If you're working primarily in 2D, change back to 2D Wireframe by typing VS (visual styles) at the command line, by using the Viewport Controls in the upper left corner of the drawing area, or by using the Ribbon Visual Styles panel.

2D vs 3D drawing environment.gif

It sounds like you're in a 3D visual style. The "mini-axis" is probably the Move Gizmo. If you're working primarily in 2D, change back to 2D Wireframe by typing VS (visual styles) at the command line, by using the Viewport Controls in the upper left corner of the drawing area, or by using the Ribbon Visual Styles panel.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51346[/ATTACH]

Can't see the attachment (keeps asking me to log in, but I am logged in here!!), but yes, I had a 3-d visual style on (doh!). Thanks again for your great help. Unlikely, but I hope one day to return the favour.

Regards,

David.

Can't see the attachment (keeps asking me to log in, but I am logged in here!!), but yes, I had a 3-d visual style on (doh!). Thanks again for your great help. Unlikely, but I hope one day to return the favour.

Regards,

David.

Oddness, a few minutes later your wonderful animated gif just appeared and started working... perhaps it's because i'm on a slow mobile link. Anyway, all awesomeness, thanks!