Having lineweights look right at different scales

Siberian

When I xref a drawing from an architect or whatever, the drawings seem to be sort of "made" to be plotted in 1:50 scale - at least this is the scale in which lineweights look the best. So when I for some reason need to create a viewport that has a different scale the lineweights always become way too fat or thin.

I prefer to scale the viewport itself to whatever scale I want, as I've never become comfortable using the plot scale settings in the Plot dialog. But this is the only place where scaling of lineweights appears to be an option.

What options do I have to make my lineweights look right even at different scales?

Try setting PSLTSCALE=1 (you *may* then need to adjust objects' linetypes scales to make them something that works right at both 1:50 and your new scale.

dJE