How to smooth this transition for3d object

jasmin_cad

Please see the attachment,I'm trying to smooth the joint btw these two 3d objects,when I use the smooth command its smooth all the object which I dont want,I want to smooth just the joint line in the corner.I hope I explained correctly

Thanks for your help

cad toutr.pdf

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jasmin_cad

• ReMark

• nestly

• zaphod

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to Cadtutor

Assuming the objects are a single Solid, have you tried FILLET command? Watch the command line or Dynamic Input prompts for a "Loop" option to make sure it fillets the whole way around.

One object is comprised of both a surface and a mesh. The other is a solid.

Edited by ReMark
corrected my observation

OK...I was able to apply a fillet to the area (seam?) where the vertical and horizontal objects meet.

Smoothie.PNG

What program was used to create the original objects?

If you want the fillet to be consistent then I think the left hand end of the horizontal piece would have to be circular. I'm guessing here. What is the object supposed to be? BTW...the object has been drawn using decimal inches. Is that what you had intended?

I'm afraid to ask but here goes anyway. What the hell is it? Too high for a urinal. The connection going into the wall, is it supposed to be a pipe?

So this "drum" has a connection that goes through the wall for transmitting sound to the other side? This connection will be somewhat "freeform"?

Other than the drum shape itself the "connections" all appear to be different from each other. I don't see any need therefore to refine the connection between the two pieces. Fillet as you deem fit and move on from there.