Change selection from PROPERTIES or QP tab

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure is this is the right section for my question:

Is it possible to change the selection from properties or quick properties tab? (see the picture) ex: like selecting only circles, or dimensions.

Is there a variable command for it ?

Note that this is some kind of filter that I wan't to use quickly filter selection.jpg

You can use the dropdown list in Properties Palette to filter the selection by object type so that only those objects are modified from the Properties Palette, but you can't really generate a selection set from Properties or QP. The is a button on the Properties Palette to launch QuickSelect, that's probably what you want, but QuickSelect is a completely different tool than the Properties Palette.

Time ago my co-worker selected all objects on his drawing and he managed to change his selection based on the Properties's dropdown list - not modifying their properties, but selecting like all the lines or blocks or dimensions.. etc.. and then he was able to copy/move/mirror/delete them. I was watching different tutorials and posts about QuickSelect, but its not exactly the same thing. I'm still wondering how he managed to do that (even he doesn't know by himself).

I'll be learning something new if someone comes up with what you've described.

in the mean time... can you confirm it wasn't SELECTSIMILAR either?

Yes, I confirm it wasn't SELECTSIMILAR either since there was no command applied. Just selecting objects and quickly filter them, using properties's dropdown list. My guess it isn't some lisp either since he never heard about lisp, also he had AutoCAD version like 2007 or up to 2009.

I agree. It is not possible to filter the selection set for applying commands from the drop down list. You probably misunderstood what he was doing.