Curly bracket ( "}" ) shows as stacked number. Why?

dhrider123

Hello,

So I've been tasked with writing some code to revamp some P&ID drawings, so they can be easily edited by anyone with standard AutoCad.

We currently use ACES (Autocad Civil Engineering Solutions) to edit P&IDs, which is a 3rd party add on to Autocad.

In ACES, text in certain blocks displays as a stacked number ie. 1/2 (but stacked); However, when opened with regular Autocad curly Brackets are displayed. "{" shows in place of 1/2 and "}" shows in place of 3/4.

I'm curious if anyone knows of a system variable that would control this? Or, perhaps knows what is causing that? I've never heard of it before and couldn't find any information about it...

Thanks,

Shane

I do not think that there is any system variable that could control this. I think that the answer lies with the font files.

Curly brackets in a font are usually Ascii characters 123 and 125.

It could be that one system is using a customised font file that references different shapes with those character numbers.

Thanks for the quick reply eldon!

That actually sounds like the issue. I'll dig into the ACES program and see if I can find anything.

I'll post what I find for reference sake.

Thanks again!

We have traffic sign fonts type "A" and you get a stop sign, simple to check just do Style and see what text styles you have not the name but the actual font used, one solution for 1/2 is some of the fonts in their extended characters have a true 1/2 character so use find and replace.

The keycode is different for other fonts if you have true type fonts go to \windows\fonts pick font and "Find a Charcater look at ALt+ xxxx code.

for say Arial

eg FIND {

Replace hold down Alt and 0189 on number pad

change all

Should be what you want.