autocad 2015: line by command line instead filling in those non-practical textboxes

digital_ownage

Hello guys,

I've another question.

I want to draw my lines 100% using the commandline.

Instead my Autocad thinks different. There appear those weird textboxes at my mouse pointer. I dont want them, I don't need them (right now). I just want to do "line" "1.23,4.3" "8.5,2,1" etc. etc. etc.

Thanks in advance.

digital_ownage

Hmmmm, not using something that keeps me from having to take my eyes off the screen? Not using something that keeps me from having to click my cursor into the command line manually EVERY time I want to type a command? Yup, turn them annoying time saving things off now.

something that keeps me from having to click my cursor into the command line manually EVERY time I want to type a command?

No offence, but you don't need to do that, any keyboard input will be automatically echoed in command prompt as long there isn't a dialog active.

No offence, but you don't need to do that, any keyboard input will be automatically echoed in command prompt as long there isn't a dialog active.

Oh raspberries!:notworthy:You are right, at least in most of the newer releases. There was a time when one had to actually put the cursor in an input field, just like most other programs. Of course, one still has to look at the result unless one has memorized every single command, and every single command option there is, and if one never makes typos.

Now, if I could just get rid of that menu that pops up showing me every single command, and variable that starts with the character I just typed I'll be as happy as a blind pig in a landfill, and almost as efficient.

Oh drat. There is still a little text box there by the cursor, full of annoying numbers while I'm executing a command. There must be a way to get rid of that thing too.;)

How about TOOLTIPTRANCPARENCY = 100, but it might be useful to have AUTOCOMPLETE turned on just incase you make any slepping mistukes :lol:

Are you inquiring about the AUTOCOMPLETE feature Dana?
Heck no, I am sarcastically trying to wake up the OP and let them see that they do not as yet have the experience to decide whether an AutoCad feature is wasteful, or annoying, and impractical. I sense some inattentiveness going on.

How about TOOLTIPTRANCPARENCY = 100, but it might be useful to have AUTOCOMPLETE turned on just incase you make any slepping mistukes :lol:
Shlepping miss-stooks?

Heck no, I am sarcastically trying to wake up the OP and let them see that they do not as yet have the experience to decide whether an AutoCad feature is wasteful, or annoying, and impractical.

What's the criteria that determines when someone is qualified make that decision? ;)

Oh come on, we've all seen plenty of people that see a new feature and want to immediately turn it off without learning about it. They call it annoying or blame AutoCAD for doing something stupid with the interface without realizing that it could be useful. I'm with Dana on this one. His approach may be unorthodox but the message is right on.

Often, there is a learning curve associated with these "new features" and the initial affect is a reduction in efficiency. My impression is that the OP is trying to accomplish a specific task within AutoCAD and an optional "feature" is causing undue distraction. Even if the tool/feature has great potential, it's not always appropriate to keep it turned on all the time. I bet you don't have every toggle available in the AutoCAD status bar turned on... why not? (rhetorical)

This topic should have been over after Post #3 when the OP indicated the question had been answered.

If that were the case, terms like "non-practical" and "weird" text boxes would not be used. It was the OPs use of them that spurred Dana's comment and, IMHO, it was a good point. But again, unorthodox in delivery. People should learn about the new features before describing them as such and shunning them just because they get in the way of their established work flow. They turn them off and never bother to learn about them.

My impression is that the OP is trying to accomplish a specific task within AutoCAD and an optional "feature" is causing undue distraction.

If that were the case, ......

....They turn them off and never bother to learn about them.

.....I want to draw my lines 100% using the commandline...

... those weird textboxes at my mouse pointer. I dont want them, I don't need them (right now)...

"right now" Doesn't indicate to me an unwillingness to learn... rather something that's causing a hindrance to a specific task/condition. (shrug)

What's the criteria that determines when someone is qualified make that decision? ;)
Being the father of a male human, more than 18 years of age is good enough for me. Oh, you mean deciding the new features are impractical. I thought you meant when is somebody qualified to decide if a student is skipping classes.:lol: Just call it instinct.

Oh the tool is very handy but sometimes its just annoying :P
Yes, I agree, it can be annoying. Sometimes the Dyn input boxes can cover up just what you want to see. By the way, threads are only closed if the moderators get their shorts wadded after we go off on politics and religion. I just sensed a little impatience and flippancy and went off, but I still insist the feature is worth its annoyances.;)