Selecting solids by a charcteristic...?

ThulsaDoom

This is my first post after registration, so first of all hi to everyone! :)

And here is my dilemma...I have a 3D drawing of a massive construction which is comprised of 4 different pipe types ( different diameters and thickness ). All of the pipes are 3D solids.

So I was wondering is there any way to select them based on their diameter and/or thickness, because even the pipes with the same diameter have different lengths.

I was thinking along the lines of "select similar" command..but found no solution, that is - was unable to find one.

Can anyone help?

P.S. the file is to big to be attached to the post... :(

If only...then it would be just quickselect the certain layer...but they are all in the same layer, same colour, etc... Only the dimension of each pipe are different.

Guess you shot yourself in the foot on this one.

At the moment I can't think of a way it could be done. Maybe one of the lisp gurus can provide you with a method. We'll have to wait and see.

So basically you are looking for someone who knows how to access the geometric properties of a 3DSOLID.

Edited by ReMark