hatch pattern is too big to fit in drawing

digital_ownage

Hello guys,

My autocad drawing is very small. It's so small you can't see the pattern. How can I make the pattern smaller?

Also, we need to make the hatch in a very small area in the selected surface. How is that possible?

Thanks in advance8)

digital_ownage

There is an option for scaling hatch patterns right in the dialog box itself and in the Properties panel of the contextual Ribbon. Maybe you overlooked it.

Not sure why you are having so much trouble with this drawing. Do us a favor and attach a copy of the drawing file to your next post so we can have a first hand look at it. Thanks.

Also, please don't miss that there is the REGEN command thst may help you to navigate deeper into your sketch. So said area will no longer be very small. Combining that with an apropriate scale factor for hatch, as already pointed by ReMark, and there should be no problem to get the desired result.

thanks, I'm just a beginner at autocad. It's an easy drawing. Not sure if I can put my .dwg online right here. My university has a program that scrambles the internet to see if there is a match between the files at the internet and the ones i'll give them.

Also, there'll probably some teachers from my uni active here...

Edited by digital_ownage
pics added

If you've seen the img, tell me because i'll remove it. You can download it ofc.

Yes I made it to scale. by pressing up to the autocad icon in the upper left corner and presed units and putted everything to meters.

An image file is of no real use. A DWG file, on the other hand, would be of great use.

That is not what "to scale" means. Let me ask the question this way. Did you draw everything at FULL size?

Try scaling your hatch by either 0.001 or 0.0254 (to covert the hatches from the mm or inches that they are defined with into metres).

I always draw in mm, metres are a bit big

hth

Hugh