Image Fade Issues

rncarlson

Hey Everyone,

I am relatively inexperienced with Autodesk products, so sorry if thisquestion is really simple.

First off, I am working with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015. I am working on aproject that has multiple aerial images inserted into my drawing. A few ofthese images were taken at different times, so the brightness of these imagesdiffer. I attempted to make this difference less noticeable by using theIMAGEADJUST command and changing the fade of the picture. It looks pretty goodin model space, but when I look at it in paper space it appears that the fadeadjustment is not coming through. I have plotted it and it comes out lookinglike it does in model space. I have attached a picture of the area so you cansee what I am talking about. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Raster Image Issue.jpg

I'd adjust the source pictures in photoshop, so they really will be closer to the same, but that would mean re-inserting them and all the hairballs that come with that.

Dana if you use imageattach its basicly a xref of the image so playing with them in photoshop should show the changes straight away.
true, if they are attached rather than inserted they are not really in the drawing, so re-registering them to a particular alignment won't be an issue. Since they may be external references anyway, that may be why it is difficult to get them to look right in paperspace. I don't deal with images a lot, so I am not sure how the image enhancements inside AutoCad work, but I can fix 'em in photoshop.

OP claims the Image is inserted and also claims it is just fine now in Modelspace and Plots correctly, so not sure if manipulation in Photoshop will have an effect on its faded appearance in a Viewport.

You might try using Audit and/or deleting and recreating the Viewport.

I couldn't replicate the normal brightness in Modelspace and faded look in the Viewport on AutoCAD 2011.

Might be something in Civil 3D and/or newer versions of AutoCAD.

If you could post enough of the drawing to show the problem it might help.

OP claims the Image is inserted and also claims it is just fine now in Modelspace and Plots correctly, so not sure if manipulation in Photoshop will have an effect on its faded appearance in a Viewport.
It would, if the photos were manipulated to match each other's contrast and color more, and then re-inserted. The issue is that the photos don't match each other in contrast or exposure or something. and the AutoCad image correction isn't carrying through to the layout apparently. So making them match better externally and re-inserted will at least get that part improved.

You seem to have the situation completely confused.

It looks pretty goodin model space, but when I look at it in paper space it appears that the fadeadjustment is not coming through

also

I have plotted it and it comes out lookinglike it does in model space

OP states they look fine in Modelspace but Faded in Paperspace, I fail to see how Photoshop can remedy that. Now if the OP wants to improve the overall look of the Images, that's all well and good, but does nothing to address the Faded in the Viewport issue.

OP states they look fine in Modelspace but Faded in Paperspace, I fail to see how Photoshop can remedy that. Now if the OP wants to improve the overall look of the Images, that's all well and good, but does nothing to address the Faded in the Viewport issue.
I didn't address the issue because I tested it out on my program and could not duplicate the problem. I didn't want to get any deeper because I don't have access to C3D. My fades and contrasts and brightnesses all show in model, paper and plot preview, as well as on paper.

Since I didn't have a solution, I only outlined a work around, if available. With no drawing example, I don't have any trail to follow. Nobody else is having any luck either. I wonder if it's a C3D quirk. I've heard there are some.

Edited by Dana W