Autocad MEP 2014 BOM/Bill of quantities Duct

ajennings323

How do I create a bill of materials for a 3d duct drawing I have created.

I need it to tell me how many straights/bends with dimensions etc.

And also get a rough price for this.

I have gone into

'print layout'

'item report'

But am not getting an outcome from this!

How do I create a bill of materials for a 3d duct drawing I have created.

I need it to tell me how many straights/bends with dimensions etc.

And also get a rough price for this.

I have gone into

'print layout'

'item report'

But am not getting an outcome from this!

you need to have blocks for your duct parts with 'attributes' that you can define such as 'description' 'part#'...... then make an attribute table. Haven't done it for a year or 2 so can't help any further. mebbe check yt for attribute table

you need to have blocks for your duct parts with 'attributes' that you can define such as 'description' 'part#'...... then make an attribute table. Haven't done it for a year or 2 so can't help any further. mebbe check yt for attribute table
For the record, AutoCAD MEP uses MvParts and AEC Objects, not standard Blocks. There are special tools to leverage MvPart and AEC Object data using the AEC Schedule tools which can produce a BOM easily.

I replied just so the O.P. isn't confused. :)

For the record, AutoCAD MEP uses MvParts and AEC Objects, not standard Blocks. There are special tools to leverage MvPart and AEC Object data using the AEC Schedule tools which can produce a BOM easily.

I replied just so the O.P. isn't confused. :)

doh! apologies....i just went by 'AutoCAD2014' in matey's details. didn't notice thread title and MEP is outside my area of incompetence.

When I read this last week I was wondering if the op was using MEP or vanilla ACad with add on software. Benchmark BIM comes to mind. The software does not create AEC objects like AMEP, but it does qualify as BIM. I think the sprinkler fitters also have similar software add ons.

The thing I don't like about it is, it only exports the center line of duct when I convert it to .IFC. I need it in .IFC to use in TeklaBimSight, which I use for clash detection and general viewing of the model.

So which software are you using?