Auto sprink?

CADLee

I am looking into a job. I was told that they use AutoCAD, but the main program is called "autosprink". They said it is from the same company as AutoCAD or Autodesk, but I have not heard of it before. The company does sprinklers.

Has anyone heard of it before and if it is through Autodesk. And does it have a trial period. I have a interview in 10 days and would like to know more about the program if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Also can someone tell me what NICET III, or IV would be.

Thank You.

Sorry for the Stupid question. I should have looked and thought I did. But didn't find anything. Maybe I typed in the wrong request.

I thank you for the info.

Now I have another stupid question. I was wondering if there were any basic tutorials that showed the basics. I checked YouTube, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I am sorry if this is another stupid question, but I have no experience with MEP, but I do have with AutoCAD. I want to learn before interview so I might have an edge.

I think it's time you be honest with yourself so that you can be honest with the interviewer. If you have no experience with those programs, just say so. It's not a bad thing, it's just the truth and if you're confident then they will see it and hire you as an entry level designer with room to grow.

I can assure you, getting cliff notes of the "basics" for an interview is just as good as no experience at all. These programs aren't MS Paint by any stretch of the imagination. They're pretty powerful and take years to become truly efficient at them.

My $0.02 worth. -Tannar

I already told them I have no experience with MEP. I just wanted to learn a little about it on my own. Nothing more. Everything I know about AutoCAD I learned on my own with a book, work, and trial and error.

I just wanted to learn some to show them that even though I don't know it, which I told them. I can walk in and say I learned some on my own. That might show them that I am willing to do anything and work at home to get a job.

And I think that information was more than 2 cents. I would pay you more for that. I take every bit of info and criticism to make me be better in some way.

So cheers and thanks for all the input.

Sounds like you have the right mindset. That would be powerful enough IMHO. Just approach them with the same attitude and I'm sure you'll do fine. It's up to them if they want to hire entry level liability position vs an experience level asset position. That's the only thing that would go against you I think.

:)

• 5 weeks later...

Autosprink huh? We use it, well the fire suppression division uses it I don't. They wanted me to learn it but the program (which is just an add on to autocad) messes things up when I try to use autocad for fire alarm. Plus you have to have a dongle to make it work, at least the version I have. Plus you have to have some knowledge of NFPA 13 and sprinkler design to even know what the program can do. Never met a sprinkler designer that didn't spend some time in the field hangin pipe and twisting on a head and getting wet.