Modelling a 3d car with autocad

Davidak

Please is there anyone that can give me step by step guides on creating a 3d car with autocad. I've tried a lot on my own(no satisfactory result). p.s i can loft, revolve and use some other basic 3d tools. I just need to know how to start model a 3d car. I'm really frustrated.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davidak

• ReMark

• mikekmx

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kind of car are you trying to model?

Have you tried searching on how to model a 3D car in AutoCAD on the Internet? I'm sure there must be a couple of videos available.

I'm trying to model a "normal car", nothing fancy for now. I've searched everywhere, the one video tutorial i got on youtube was crap and some others didn't use autocad to model so i couldn't get it

Edited by Davidak
I left something out

Create a teapot using surfaces. That should give you plenty of practice. Include a handle and a cover. The spout should be challenging enough for you.

Maybe you want to practice some more before tackling something like a car.

agreed. a car is pretty advanced stuff

..... although some vehicles are more like boxes. maybe a G-Class merc or an old days Nissan Patrol, old days LandRover?

Modeling the teapot will require you to work with a multitude of curves. When was the last time you saw a car that was comprised mainly of flat surfaces unless of course you live in Russia or Yugoslavia.

I've got to go now. I'm modeling a chocolate-almond-raisin candy bar and a batch of homemade ice cream. At least when I'm done I'll have something delicious to eat. Good luck with your teapot.

Choosing a car as your first 3D modeling project is kind of like choosing Mt. Everest as your first hiking trip. Pretty much impossible since you don't know what you're doing. You're just going to get overwhelmed, frustrated and give up. I've seen it happen too many times before. People choose big complicated projects like this as their first venture into 3D modeling and just give up because it's too hard. You need to start small and learn the basics of modeling. Figure out what type of things you're interested in and choose some small projects to get your feet wet. If you like architecture, try making some furniture models, (tables, chairs, desks, etc.). If you like cars, try making some small mechanical parts. Once you get a few models done, you will have a much better understanding of what it takes to create something like a car.