plot to pdf

digital_ownage

Hello, I've drawn two autocad drawings. Everything is in meters and has the right distance (1meter in autocad is 1meter in real life.) The drawing is 2d.

Now I need to make a PDF from this drawing. I need to do this by deleting all the layouts and after that right click at the layout and click at plot.

I just dont see how I need to take the right scale. Whenever I use as plot area Window and press fit to paper it looks good, but if I enter a scale, the only outcome is 1:1 which is kinda weird because my drawing is about 10 meters long and I need to plot it to A3...

How the heck can I make a good plot by chosing a scale that actually works and I can draw in my drawing?

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

Personally I think you'd get the best results plotting from a layout. You can choose from the scalelist a scale that would work best for plotting to an A3 size sheet of paper. If you need a scale that is not available on the list then create a custom scale and add it to the list.

I know I can do that way, but that just doesn't work for me because I don't fully get it probably.

When I use a scale of 1:1 I get an image what fits great in my a3 sized paper. The problem is my drawing is about 15x4 meter. How can I solve this? I have this with bott drawings.

You "get it" by assigning an appropriate scale to your viewport. How do you think large objects, cars, buildings, bridges, tanks, etc. are able to be plotted on pieces of paper many times smaller than the actual object? It's all about scale.

Attach a copy of the drawing to your next post. Someone here will take a look at it and advise as to the best scale to use.

Go to a layout draw a box 400 x 275 then do MV and make a window inside this box Zoom E Your dwg will appear, if you have the mview toolbar turned on a number will appear this is current scale factor as a fit you want around 1;100 for 15m you can use the preset scales or just type 10 in the number box 1000/100 =10 this is a simple method. Jump back using Pspace plot using "dwg to pdf" and A3 sheet but use window centered and plot scale 1unit = 1 plot unit. It should work we do it every day but with A1 sheet but just plot at 1 = 2 units and this half scales down to A3.

Other scale stuff inside your window Z E then try zoom 10XP or 5XP

digital: Plot scale for metric drawings plotted from a layout is actually 1mm = 1 unit. AutoCAD will automatically take care of plotting the contents of any viewport correctly based upon the scale assigned to the viewport. The user doesn't have to worry about this as he/she would if plotting from model space.

This is a list of the default metric viewport scales available in AutoCAD.

1:1

1:2

1:4

1:5

1:8

1:10

1:16

1:20

1:30

1:40

1:50

1:100

2:1

4:1

8:1

10:1

100:1

The above list can be modified using the SCALELISTEDIT command. So it is possible to add such metric scales as 1:200, 1:250, 1:500, 1:1000, etc. or any other normally recognized scale. I would caution against using non-uniform scales unless you are also going to include a scale bar.

I moved your thread to the AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output forum.

I need to do this by deleting all the layouts and after that right click at the layout and click at plot

Why do you need this step?

I think it has been covered already on why you should consider doing this from Paperspace layout tab.

If you insist on plotting from Modelspace maybe this will help http://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/autocad/iso-paper-sizes.php

And http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-75a3.htm,topicNumber=d0e32301