F2 Doesnt jump to command line

Pressing the F2 key opens the AutoCAD Text window. Press F2 again and the window closes. I thought that is how it is supposed to work.

so how you jump to command line without using the mouse?

What is the reason you want the cursor/mouse to "jump" to the command line?

the reason is that in autocad 2014 if you enter a block name , layer name , dim etc... you have the option to bring it on the go without using extra menus .

I don't understand what you are getting at. What extra menu are you referring to?

Where are you entering the block name, layer name, etc. at the moment?

Maybe you would prefer to not display the command line and instead enabled Dynamic Input. The command line can be toggled on/off via the key combo of Ctrl+9.

If instead you want to disable dialog windows then that too is an option.

From Best CAD Tips website comes this...

F2 — Opens the AutoCAD text window, which shows an extended view of the Command Line entries. Useful when the Command Line is too small to see what you are interested in.

Edited by ReMark

I don't understand what you are getting at. What extra menu are you referring to?

Where are you entering the block name, layer name, etc. at the moment?

Maybe you would prefer to not display the command line and instead enabled Dynamic Input. The command line can be toggled on/off via the key combo of Ctrl+9.

If instead you want to disable dialog windows then that too is an option.

From Best CAD Tips website comes this...

F2 — Opens the AutoCAD text window, which shows an extended view of the Command Line entries. Useful when the Command Line is too small to see what you are interested in.

watch from 7:30

this fucntion doesnt work with F2

Sorry. Our company blocks access to YouTube videos.

Have you tested what happens if you undock the command line in relationship to the AutoCAD Text window and the functionality of the F2 key?

Sorry. Our company blocks access to YouTube videos.

Have you tested what happens if you undock the command line in relationship to the AutoCAD Text window and the functionality of the F2 key?

i draged the command line to the center and now it all works! weird.

the f2 doesnt function the same as here when the command line docked to the bottom

http://www.jtbworld.com/autocad2014.htm

All the functions work for me in both the F2 window and the command line.

Intial F2 key stroke opens window. Subsequent strokes toggle between window and command line.

Key strokes made while focus is on drawing area are reflected in command line. No need to hit F2.

Have you checked the options? (As shown in the video starting at about 10:00.)

With the command line not docked, it worked differently. No text window but everything else works as expected.

Edited by RobDraw
Docking options

The enhancements work for me in both AutoCAD 2015 as well as 2014. Usually these are enabled by default so if you aren't experiencing the same functionality either you disabled the feature(s) you are looking to access or a rogue lisp routine turned the feature (s) off and neglected to turn them back on.