Importing UB's and UC's into model

stryder444

I don't know if I'm being stupid but I'm unable to import Steel Universal Beams and Columns into my model. When I try to import a family into my model the family simply isn't there.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I'm using Revit LT 2015 if that helps.

Can you be more descriptive, even a more step-by-step of what's happening? I haven't came across any Structural Families with the name "Universal" in them and it's throwing me off.

As for the Family "simply isn't there", do you mean that it doesn't populate under the Families list in the Project Browser? Can you give me more details on where you are loading these Families from? Screenshots would help a ton, also.

:)

I'm quite new to Revit so I appreciate it's probably something quite simple that I'm missing. I'm using the Metric version of Revit and UB's and UC's as they are commonly called are the standard steel components for steel construction in the metric measurement world. I go to the Structure tab, click on Column icon, select to load in a family, go with the Structural Columns folder and get every other type of steel component available to me besides from UB's and UC's. I now understand that this may a issue unique with the UK product library system which is the one I am using. I wrote my original post out in a hurry without considering that other users would be using different product libraries. I did wonder if it's because I'm using the LT version of Revit, but I'm guessing it's probably not due to that.

There isn't that much difference between the core aspects of Revit and Revit LT. Here is a screencast of how to easily import Structural Columns into Revit:

http://screencast.com/t/Dv8qyuPCT

Just make sure you're following the same method and you should be fine. I loaded ALL the Families in the directory, which is fine but it's better to do one at a time so you can select the sizes from the import chart with ease.