• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DonovanPorter

• ReMark

• f700es

• RobDraw

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the logo is combined with the drawing template the file size balloons back up to 3.65MB yet the GIF file alone is around 644 KB. I know it looks all pretty and such but if our company logo had that same affect on our template file I'd do it over in CAD and dump the GIF. It's a lot of overhead to be carrying around for very little payback.

I tried to open your logo in Photoshop but got an error. Something to do with the file format module.

As ReMark suggested, you could easily recreate your logo in CAD using a gradient hatch inside the "WEC" letters and save yourself the headache of using an external image which apparently is bloating your files.

I recommend the following.

Run the command line version of purge by typing -purge. You must include the dash.

Purge Regapps first. Regapps = Registered Applications.

Repeat the command but this time chose All.

Then run the Audit command and answer "yes" to AutoCAD fixing any database errors it finds.

Read this article by AutoDesk re: Excess unreferenced regapp IDs.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Excess-unreferenced-regapp-IDs-causing-performance-issues.html

is a wildcard.

Strange. I don't know what I did exactly but I have managed to get the file size down to 508 KB. That's the drawing template file with the logo .gif included. I have to see if I can reproduce the results.

ok great. i have done as you have instructed. but the .dwg file still stays at 3.985MB.

i have exploded it and i'm working through everything but but i cannot find anything with in the drawing that is making it so large.i uhave unloaded the .gif logo, i have done the "- purge" and i saw it did get rid of 31 regapps. i then used it again and purge all and got rid of all the unused items with in the drawing.

but i'm still sitting with a large ,dwg..

what am i missing??

no worries what i'm doing now is just re-doing the title block , i think that with to many cowboys on the network it might have just gone all pear shaped.

thank you very much for the assistance with the -purge command.

i will look into get better graphics card(s) and will report back

yes this is true. in my eyes one should get what is best for the current machine at the moment , so that in a few years time one would only need to upgrade again , if not replace the machine to meet the new specs.

OK I too ran the purge command on the file and got it down to 504kb as well. Also I run a GT430 card at home and not issues what so ever of running hardware acceleration in 2015. Something else is going on. I would run a system memory test to see if any ram is going bad.

OK I too ran the purge command on the file and got it down to 504kb as well. Also I run a GT430 card at home and not issues what so ever of running hardware acceleration in 2015. Something else is going on. I would run a system memory test to see if any ram is going bad.

The OP stated previously that all five CAD computers are experiencing the same problem. While I could understand a problem with bad RAM in one computer what is the likelihood that all five systems have a bad RAM module?

well all the pc's are very similarly spec'd, with the exception of one pc having a better graphics card. but he does also experience lag but nit as bad.

i have since yesterday sorted the title blocks out which we use and thus far it has be a lot better, i have also been preaching the good word about Regapp purging.