Question re: osnap toolbar Acad 2007

jack nastyface

G'day gents.

Is there a way to keep the osnap toolbar permanently docked on the "screen"? Forgive the terminology. Still learning about THAT.:roll:

My previous system, 2000 was there permanently, if I remember correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Keith.

Rob: yes, I use that but it is a pain to do all the time. It disappears after one command. Or am I missing something?

Remark: "workspace" appears complex to do & seems to be meant for 3D. Is that right? I doubt I will ever do 3D stuff! That's black magic.:lol:

Keith.

Rob: yes, I use that but it is a pain to do all the time. It disappears after one command. Or am I missing something?

I like it because I use the keyboard a lot so hitting the shift key is almost second nature to me. Much easier than mousing over to a toolbar.

I like it because I use the keyboard a lot so hitting the shift key is almost second nature to me. Much easier than mousing over to a toolbar.

Rob, I am a two (or is it one) finger typist, 15 years retired & never learned to type at work. ---So you get the picture.

Keith.

Workspaces come in two flavors: 2D and 3D. And no, they are not difficult to set up. Once that is done though you shouldn't have to go through it again unless you want to make a change.

Won't it stay if it is docked and locked? Does 2007 have the little padlock icon on the lower right of the drawing window? Once it's docked, click the padlock and lock All.

The workspace thing is easy. Click the gear icon, or simply type WORKSPACE, then click settings, and save your workspace, with it set up the way you like it, with a name of its own. There also should be an option to set that will automatically save all future changes to the workspace you are using, as current. Wile you are in the settings dialog, take the time to use the move up button so your workspace is at the top of the list, that will make it the default and open every time you start AutoCad, so you won't have to go looking for it.

Won't it stay if it is docked and locked? Does 2007 have the little padlock icon on the lower right of the drawing window? Once it's docked, click the padlock and lock All.

The workspace thing is easy. Click the gear icon, or simply type WORKSPACE, then click settings, and save your workspace, with it set up the way you like it, with a name of its own. There also should be an option to set that will automatically save all future changes to the workspace you are using, as current. Wile you are in the settings dialog, take the time to use the move up button so your workspace is at the top of the list, that will make it the default and open every time you start AutoCad, so you won't have to go looking for it.

The object snap in 2007 is more like a drop down menu & disappears after you make a selection. I want it to look like the toolbar buttons so I can dock it. Well, this morning I am nearly there with getting the Osnap bar in the CUI box ,then I must have clicked on the wrong command list ( or something ) , applied it & a tiny box appeared with y,x in it, so I think I am on the right track. How do I get back to revise it? Thanks any way guys.

Keith.

I never used 2007, but I still have 2005 and 2011 installed and the process for turning on toolbars is the same. Right click anywhere on the grey background behind an existing docked toolbar... hover "AutoCAD" (or "ACAD" depending on version) and put a checkmark next to Object Snap when the toolbar list appears.

Alternately, type -TOOLBAR at the command line (include the dash) and press . When prompted for a toolbar name type OBJECT_SNAP and press . Press again to accept the default how, otherwise type the letter associated with the location where you want the toolbar to be docked.

If 2007 has Workspaces, be sure to save your workspace, otherwise the toolbar won't be there the next time you open AutoCAD

Toolbars.gif

I never used 2007, but I still have 2005 and 2011 installed and the process for turning on toolbars is the same. Right click anywhere on the grey background behind an existing docked toolbar... hover "AutoCAD" (or "ACAD" depending on version) and put a checkmark next to Object Snap when the toolbar list appears.

Alternately, type -TOOLBAR at the command line (include the dash) and press . When prompted for a toolbar name type OBJECT_SNAP and press . Press again to accept the default how, otherwise type the letter associated with the location where you want the toolbar to be docked.

If 2007 has Workspaces, be sure to save your workspace, otherwise the toolbar won't be there the next time you open AutoCAD

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51437[/ATTACH]

Bingo! A nice short way to do it. I looked all over "help" for that but didn't find it. Thanks a bunch. I can see that CUI gives a lot more stuff so will try to remember it.

Keith.

Yeah, like he said. ^^^^^^ :notworthy: Menu? I thought you already had the tool bar, and for some reason it kept going away. :shock:

Dana, my fault really. I still do not know the terminology. I don't work at Cad full time like many of you. I can turn out a fairly good 2D drawing, but painfully slow. If I was back in a design office again, they would fire me:lol:

Dana, my fault really. I still do not know the terminology. I don't work at Cad full time like many of you. I can turn out a fairly good 2D drawing, but painfully slow. If I was back in a design office again, they would fire me:lol:
Well, then. Don't go back there without a corner office offer.:thumbsup: