Multiple AutoCAD Drawings not accessible from Microsoft Windows 7 Taskbar

nicolas

Hi,

This is quite a recent problem. It is quite difficult for me to exactly describe the problem. When multiple Autocad drawings are opened, only the current file is visible from the Microsoft Windows 7 Taskbar. I can access the different files within AutoCAD by pressing CTRL+TAB but this new system of working is quite an annoyance.

For example if I have 10 folders open in Windows, when I hover my mouse pointer on the Windows taskbar over the folder icon, I have a list and access to the many folders opened. This is not the case with Autocad, at least recently. Only the active file is displayed, the remaining open files is invisible to view and access from outside Autocad.

I have tried TASKBAR 1 and TASKBAR 0, no solution.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Oops, sorry but this may not apply to 2012 but I'll leave it up here for anyone that has this option available.

I don't have a solution for you but this bit of knowledge might be of some help.

Windows taskbar is limited compared to AutoCAD's drawing tabs. You get previews and can go directly to any layout in any open file. You can execute print or publish from them. There are also a number of tools available from the right click menu.

Drawing Tabs.png

Edited by RobDraw
Version dependent response may not help OP.

TASKBAR 1 should do it, I assume you have closed AutoCAD and rebooted Win7? Always the first place to go and also to let us know so we don't offer things you have tried.

Hi.

TASKBAR is set to 1. I have opened the different files within AutoCAD and also from without, directly from Windows Explorer. Still only the active window is shown in the toolbar.

I'm not running 2012 or Win 7 so this may not be important for the OP, but I got a WEIRD. My Taskbar = 1 or = 0, shows cascaded icons, and rollover previews of all open drawings. Exactly the opposite as the OP. I also noticed that changing TASKBAR value in one AutoCAD 'separate instance' does not always change it in the other 'separate instance' right away. Sometimes it delays, sometimes the other session pops right up with the new value in the TASKBAR value = , enter new value prompt when I click back into it.

I'd suggest monkeying around with the properties dialog of the windows taskbar, but nothing in there seems to apply, at least on Win 8.1 it doesn't. My Win 7 laptop battery is dead right now, or I would test that one too.