Angular dims

Why? Never mind, it doesn't really matter. I can only think of two reasons.

AFAIK, you cannot make them invisible.

If you don't want to snap to them, turn off the the node object snap.

Hi Rob, I have some very long angular lines in model space and when you dimension them up in paper space the node points are outside the border so zoom extents and plot extents include the nodes so makes the drawing tiny. I can only think of exploding them to remove the nodes but I don't really want to do that.

Cheers

Aro

I have a bunch of those. My plots are all set up to plot Window for them. If you are using extents already, scale doesn't seem to be an issue for you. In my case, I have to have an exact Arch D (24x36) rectangle around my layout so mine come out to scale.

For some reason I did not see you mention plot extents. Dana is correct on that one. I use window plot exclusively. I also use named page setups for my sheets.

I still can't think of a fix or work around for zoom extents unless you want to get into named views. See:

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/acadblog/create-views-in-your-drawing/

Does turning the defpoints layer completely OFF do it, via the light bulb? I know most people don't ever think about what's on defpoints. I don't have a proper drawing at home to test it with, but I did notice in a drawing at work, where defpoints was turned off, and it is full of HUGE radii. 800 to 1500 feet long. It's one of those super self important ultra contemporary office buildings, and in paperspace someone superimposed some dimensions. The center point makes the layout completely invisible at extents.

I tried that, Dana. It did not work for me. I even exploded the dimension to verify that the point (node) was on Defpoints. The point got deleted. It didn't used to do that, back in the day. I even checked the point style in case it was set to that blank setting.

I tried that, Dana. It did not work for me. I even exploded the dimension to verify that the point (node) was on Defpoints. The point got deleted. It didn't used to do that, back in the day. I even checked the point style in case it was set to that blank setting.
Well, that'd get rid of the extents issue, anyhoo.

Only happens with trans-spacial (Paperspace) dimensions, right.

Possible workarounds:

- Modelspace/Annotative dimensions

- Create some shorter overlapping lines and attached the angular dimensions to the shorter lines

- Use Polylines and add another vertex that's within the layout

- Create a lisp/macro to freeze to Freeze the Dimension layer,Zoom>Extents,Unfreeze Dimension layer.