Trying to scale an attribute in a dynamic block

woodman78

Hi all,

It's been a while since I was here. I am hoping someone can help. I have a dynamic block that we use to denote things on out non technical drawings. The blocks has pointers at all four corners on visibility states.

The block can be scaled along the horizontal and the vertical axis independently.

We also have text. I have in the past sat text on top of the block, but there are always issues in that it constantly needs to be brought to the front etc.. Now I am trying to include it within the block. The text has to remain editable. I have tried using an attribute, but I cannot scale the width of the attribute. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.

test.dwg

Info Block.jpg

I don't use dynamic blocks but this may help:

The width of the text is controlled by the width factor, a property of the text style or the attribute. A width factor assigned to the attribute overwrites the value in the text style and is controlled via the attribute editor.

Thanks RobDraw. But that was not the question. I don't want to scale the text width, but the attribute width, meaning the amount of text that appears on each line of a multiline attribute.

Edited by woodman78

You do not want to scale the attribute. You want to change the size of the box that contains the attribute. Which, in turn, will affect the number of lines of text, not the width of the individual characters. Which would affect the total length of the line of text. Correct?

Edited by RobDraw