Transferring DWG from autocad 2015 to Arris

Newton his

I am transferring DWGs from autocad 2015 to Arris. The problem I am having is that when the drawing is converted in Arris and opened we could not pick the center of a circle. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Is a circle really a circle or is it a series of small line segments? How exactly did you get the AutoCAD drawing into Arris? Just curious.

The arris program has a converter for it. I DWG convert back to autocad 2010 then my fellow employee is about to take that drawing and use his translator tool to convert from DWG to arris. Yes in my drawing the circle is segments in model space but when I print it is a smooth circle.

It appears that you can't since the "conversion" process to a format that can be used by Arris appears to break down circles to their base entities. Why do you have to even use Arris?

I started a new job and they have been working in Arris for 10 years. We are working on moving towards autocad (thats why they hired me). But the other employee is not going to shift to autocad because he will retire in the next few years. I am going to have to figure something out because picking the center of a circle is actually very important to us beause we are running pipe for gas stations.