replace F3, F8 keys

kfir31

Hello. I´ve read a thread about it but I wasn´t able to replace F3 and F8 keys.

First try: replacing F8 for "1" key. When I type "1" it does not appear on field, so I assume CAD does not accept it (?). Second try: "shift+1". Accepted, but when I type it in Model, it enters as a text command (?).

I´d like to get some help here, please.

You want to replace the F3 (OSnaps) and the F8 (Orthomode) keys with numbers? Why?

What thread are you referring to? Was it here at CADTutor?

What file are you editing?

The keys are uncomfortable? What are you going to use to enable/disable OSnaps and Orthomode?

The link you posted is basically a repeat of the question you posted here. I was hoping it contained some useful information regarding the reprogramming of the function keys in AutoCAD 2007.

F3 and F8 are considered Temporary Override Keys. Instructions for modifying a temporary override key can be found in the Customization Guide in the section about Keyboard Shortcuts.

Edited by ReMark

If the linked thread is any indication, the OP wants to reassign Osnaps and Ortho to the [1] and [2] keys and also indicated in post #3 in this thread "(to me the F3-F8 keys are uncomfortable)".

That question was somewhat answered in the linked thread, you'll most likely need to use Ctrl+ to reassign.

If the linked thread is any indication, the OP wants to reassign Osnaps and Ortho to the [1] and [2] keys and also indicated in post #3 in this thread "(to me the F3-F8 keys are uncomfortable)".

That question was somewhat answered in the linked thread, you'll most likely need to use Ctrl+ to reassign.

I agree, a modifier key will need to be added. Because 1 is used for other inputs by AutoCAD it cannot simply be reassigned.

Rather than editing the F3 override, I suggest you create a new one. In CUI right click on Keyboard Shortcuts and select "New Temporary Override". Then paste the F3 macro, and assign a keyboard combination.

Not sure if this will be the same for you, but today I could only get SHIFT+1 to work,CTRL and ALT were not registering. That is using AutoCAD 2015.

I have preset osnap setting so we use numbers 39 99 etc no reason why you could not have zzz or 00 much easier than F keys to do to turn on or off osnap.

BIGAL, do the numbers set values to the OSMODE variable? Or simply toggle it on and off? 39 is my most common OSMODE value, which made me wonder...