HELP: -plot macro script but need command for center of plot instead of coordinates

vernonlee

I use a macro script for plotting using the -plot command after seeing some examples over the internet.

All works fine after some tweaking

However for the location of the plot seems to baffle me. Most examples I see is using "C" being center of the layout but it was deem not valid by autocad 2014 which is what I am using. I tried "Center" also do not work.

I currently put as "0.00,0.00"

Any advise in what command to use for center of layout?

Thanks

We use Window with two predefined pts then C center at set scale works every time.

So mean centre will not work when Plot area is under Layout?

I would guess that the macro you are using was based for a different version of Autocad and the order of the parameters has changed.

I have come across this before where a macro written for one version needs the order of inputs changed (and maybe something added or taken away) to work correctly in another version.

Try typing -plot (note the hypen) into the command line and work through the prompts taking note of the order in which the prompts come up. (and so the order in which to give your answers).

This is the same order to use in your macro.

The c or center option is still valid in 2014 for 'plot offset' see this documentation:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/

Click on Commands > P > PLOT > -PLOT

EDIT

Also be aware that certain options change depending on if you are in a layout or in modelspace.

For instance if you are in a layout then you cant specify "limits" for the plot area.

You could also post your macro so that someone with 2014 could give it a try.

I would guess that the macro you are using was based for a different version of Autocad and the order of the parameters has changed.

I have come across this before where a macro written for one version needs the order of inputs changed (and maybe something added or taken away) to work correctly in another version.

Try typing -plot (note the hypen) into the command line and work through the prompts taking note of the order in which the prompts come up. (and so the order in which to give your answers).

This is the same order to use in your macro.

The c or center option is still valid in 2014 for 'plot offset' see this documentation:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/

Click on Commands > P > PLOT > -PLOT

EDIT

Also be aware that certain options change depending on if you are in a layout or in modelspace.

For instance if you are in a layout then you cant specify "limits" for the plot area.

You could also post your macro so that someone with 2014 could give it a try.

This is the macro i am using:-

^C^C-plot;Y;;DWG To PDF.pc3;ISO full bleed A0 (841.00 x 1189.00 MM);m;Landscape;N;L;1=1;0.00,0.00;Y;SIACAD_rev.ctb;Y;N;N;N;;Y;;

The "0.00,0.00" is where the plot area is.

Also i did went through -plot to determine the commands but when it comes to plot area, it just will not accept C or CENTER.

I am plotting in Paperspace

As you can see, Plot area is base on LAYOUT & fit is 1:1

You don't get the option to center the plot if you use Layout as the print area, change that to Extents and the option becomes available.

Oh I see. That is weird cause in the dialog box there is an option for it to centre.

I will try other option as suggested & see if center does appear after the weekend is over.

Thanks

You don't get the option to center the plot if you use Layout as the print area, change that to Extents and the option becomes available.

Roger bro.

Try it in when you run you're macro and look at the command line history, you will see when the Center option is available.

You may be right. I could have mistaken it. WIll check it out whin i am back in office on monday.

Cheers guys.

Thanks again for the advise :)

It may be there, but it is not selectable when Layout is chosen.

You are right. If Lauout option is selected, the "Center the plot" is greyed out. :oops:

We use Window with two predefined pts then C center at set scale works every time.

Re look at my prior post use W for window we select two points oversize on the sheet and then center, W -6,-6 810,576 our title block is at 0,0

How do i predefined the 2 points if Window is selected? As i do not want to be prompted to click the 2 points every time i run the "-plot" macro.

Thanks

Here is an example

(COMMAND "-PLOT" "Y" "" plottername
     "A3" "m"    "LANDSCAPE"    "N"   "W"  "-6,-6"    "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
       "y"   "Designlaser.ctb" "Y" "N" "N" "N" "N" "N" "y"      )
 )

Thanks. I understand now :).