Enter Text in AutoCAD using excel

mhmnibras

hi all,

i'm create a as built drawing in this drawing i have to fill Cage measurement

i have all measurement in excel sheet but i don't know how to fill it easily

please help me

500 drawings pending......... :(

If you copy cells from excel and then in autocad type pastespec into the command line it will come up with a window asking you to choose an option. If you select autocad entities then it will paste the cells as an autocad table. Is this what you wanted or did I misunderstand your question?

thanks,

but i want to enter text in 500 different places

any have idea about this...?

today morning i got this

"Attached excel sheet was designed by my friend to enter text automatically into AutoCAD from excel data.

The problem is that its not working in AutoCAD 2010 while it works for earlier versions.

The reason seems that text entry isn't done in the command line for latest versions.

How to do it now?"

but i can not understanding if u know that please explain me

0+000 to 0+975.XLS

Depending on your text style the excel will not work it uses a preset text style with height set do Text manually and look at how many questions are asked change your text style.

I assume from the Excel file that the text you want to add to the drawing are the last number of the text strings in the cells in columns J, K, and L. Your friend has used the Excel Concatenate function to build the AutoCAD command that can be used to add text at a specific location and orientation using a script.

Perhaps someone has an easier way but what I would do is the following.

In the Excel file

1. Select cells B9 to B14. Note we will start with just 6 cells to learn how to do the process. Once you have master 6 cells you can select the 500 cells of column B.

2. RIGHT-click on cell M9 and choose the second option "Values". You now have in column M the AutoCAD commands to add text in 6 locations.

3. Open Notepad.

4. Go back to Excel and select and copy cells M9 to M14.

5. Now paste the clipboard contents into Notepad.

6. Save the contents of Notepad being sure to give the file name an extension of .scr. For example, MyText.scr

AutoCAD

7. In AutoCAD give the STYLE command and check that the default text size is 0.0. This is necessary because the text commands in your Excel file assume a text height of 0.0. If the text were greater than zero then the text command would not have a prompt for the text height. Your Excel file includes a value of 0.3 for the text height.

8. Give the command SCRIPT and then select the file (MyText.scr) you created in step 6.

9. zoom extents or zoom to a location where there should be text.

10. When you are satisfied with the result go back and process the full contents of columns J, K, and L, one column at a time.

The spreadsheet appears to be for drawing cross sections so the next step would be to do some more macros inside excel and write the script file reading the columns removing blank lines where not necessary as in the case of Text but needed in the pline to end the command. This way all lines and text appears in one go.

A quicker way to fix the text blank lines paste into Word and use find/replace ^p^p with ^p this will remove the two blank lines that occur but save as a TXT file with .SCR extension.