Transparancy layers are not properly printing when I use Adobe Pdf Plot driver.

muck

I have been using transparency in my drawings. Now I am seeing problems when I plot

to a pdf using Adobe pdf drivers. The transparent layers have hidden linetypes & poor

print resolutions. Is there a solution to this problem?

Thank you,

In Page Setup manager, Modify your named page setup, and confirm that the 'Plot with transparency' box is checked (right side, under Plot options)...?

Cheers

When the above box is check the Transparancy layers are printed but they have poor resolutions with hidden line types.

That is an entirely different issue, and unrelated to whether transparency is being incorporated into the resultant plot or not.

Rather than Adobe driver, consider using 'DWG to PDF' instead. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Company insist on using Adobe for some reason.

That is unfortunate.

Does dwg to pdf converter work better?

Going from personal experience, and nothing else... Yes, it does.

It ships with AutoCAD OOTB, so it most definitely works better internally, and I've also found that it produces smaller PDF output as compared to that which spawns from Adobe driver (at same resolution), so it also takes up less space on server, email folders, and is faster to combine, etc.

Now, in 2009 when DWG to PDF was first introduced, it was not so good... Since 2009 SP3, we've moved to DWG to PDF for all PDF output, and marry that to named Page Setups for use with AUTOPUBLISH Mechanism... Each time we upgrade Adobe, I check it against DWG to PDF, and the latter continues to win here.

Test it for yourself, plot the same drawing(s) with each (at the same resolution), compare, and use (or ask to use) what's best for your environment.

Cheers

Do the Plot Previews look correct? How do they look if actually plotted on paper?

Like BlackBox, I seldom use the Adobe Driver, DWG to PDF works very well since the later 2009 version of AutoCAD.

Can you post the troublesome files?