Rotate and Stretch Leader on center

eric_monceaux

Hello All,

I am embarrased to say that I have hit a bit of a snag in a simple Dynamic Block I am trying to create. I have googled the snot out of this problem, and since I have come up empty handed, I must ask the good (and patient) people of CADTutor for assistance!

What I am trying to create is a dynamic block of a call out bubble with an attribute inside and a single leader line that can be both rotated and stretched around the center of the bubble. At first I was hoping to accomplish it to where the endpoint of the line would be stationary and as you move the bubble, the line will always point to the center from the point attached to the object I am noting. I ran into issues with the text not staying horizontal, so I moved on to the opposite, where the bubble would be stationary and the end of the leader would be fully rotatable and stretchable but I cannot figure out how to chain the two parameters and actions I think I need (Polar Stretch & Rotation).

I feel like this should be a simple task but I just can't figure it out. I hope you guys can help me.

I have attached the drawing for your review with the configuration I am attempting. Don't laugh...it really is a simple drawing...

DYN-CALL.dwg

Thanks SLW210! I don't think I have ever used the tool palettes before and I have been using AutoCAD for 20 years. I guess I prefer to do things on my own anyways...that's how I learn.

Now, in reviewing the Tag Dynamic Block, that is almost exactly what I need, and it will work for now, however I am looking for something more like a bubble call out from Solidworks to where you can move either the point and the bubble stays stationary or the bubble and the point stays stationary. So this block is half of that request.

Thank you for pointing this block out. I should be able to work with this to move forward. My thinking is to apply another Polar Parameter originating from the bubble and chaining it to the original Polor parameter so that it can be adjusted from either side, however I am still struggling with how to effectively use chaining.

Many thanks again SLW210! That is yet another way I could satisfy the requirement, however I am still looking for the ability for the leader to always center on the circle as I think it just looks cleaner.

mleader example.jpg