select hidden features for constraint

albroswift

Hello, All

Just downloaded trial ver of 2015 (as win8.1 upgrade incapacitated my earlier version) trying to select a back edge (or face) of a 3d solid for a constraint and even in wireframe view this will not happen. I can see back edge but cannot select. I don't want to have to rotate around to the back (or view where I see the 2 faces, edges, etc I want to constrain), seemed like in earlier version this was an option, any idea what setting might control this?

Asus X

Win 8.1

Inventor 2015

Thanks--

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Lazer

Happy Thanksgiving. Didn't think I was ever going to get a response!

As you mentioned, I can select a face, and then rt click select other, and get the back face. Don't seem to be able to do that to select edge however. I can select a visible edge, rt click, get options for different faces, but not back edge.

selectedge1.jpg

Tried to upload image, try again

Image shows up when using explorer, but not with chrome, so, i guess if you want to see exactly what I am referring to, view this forum with explorer!

Thanks--

Al

Edited by albroswift
Image not working

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, JD

Your question "What Selection Filter..." pointed me in the right direction, although I don't actually come across a selection filter pull down or list I did find settings through Tools>Application Options>General>selection If there is a more complete filter setting screen I would appreciate a point in the right direction. After deselecting "Enable Optimized Selection" the shift key is now allowing me to select (other) hidden features. (Unless I inadvertently changed something else as well...)