Xref will not bind?

andyr74

I have a drawing with 1 Xref on layer XREFAB. Some layers in this xref or off or frozen, some layers have a changed color,...

This xref had xrefs in it but these were binded in it so my xref is only 1 file without external references.

Now I wan't to bind this xref in my drawing like I did before without problems so I can send 1 file to the client. He doesn't want an etransmit.

But when I bind this xref, everything on the xref dissepears, even when all layer on. However, the xref is still in the list of references. When I reload the xref, everything is back but the xref isn't binded.

So it appears the xref doesn't bind?

I purged all unused blocks and layers.

What could be the reason? Conflict in blocks? How can I find out what a possible conflict can be?

There are a number of reasons this could happen:

An improperly converted file from a newer version or another software program

Orphaned attributes

Complex or dense hatches

A possible work around would be to insert the XREF as a block. This is basically the same thing as binding it. You will, however, have to reset your layer properties.

Can you post the files?

Are there any messages in the Commandline or a pop up indicating a reason that it did not Bind?

If I remember correctly, there is a message when this happens but it does not tell you why it cannot be bound.