Create polyface mesh from a solid

xr309

I need to import 3D objects into a different program. This program has a few examples of 3D objects, saved in DXF format. When I open those examples, the entities are not 3D solids, but polyface meshes (?). The program will not work with 3D solids. Only these polyface things.

Is there a quick way for me to convert my 3D solids into this other format? All other posts here seem to be asking for converting in the other direction.

Yes. I get this error:

One or more objects in the current selection set are not primitive 3D solids...

If I choose to continue, the shape produced is totally convoluted.

I created the solid by extrusion (if that matters).

Thanks for looking into it. But Mesh-to-Solid is the opposite of what I'm looking for. I need Solid-to-Mesh.

Or, I guess I need to find a tutorial on how to create objects using only mesh for each face and then how to join the faces together to make a 3D form.

Going from ACAD 2012 to Cabnetware V11. For importing it asks for DXF/WRL or SketchUp. I imagine it needs the polyface format to work with its 3D rendering.