Help a new engineer!

Cosmin Cad

Hi, I appeal to those experienced engineers who in the past have used the initial version AUTOCAD. If one of them does not require that version, I beg him to turn into Santa and help me to begin this job using an original program that I in my turn will be able to give it away to another colleague who enter this job honestly, when I could buy the latest Autocad.

Thank you very much for you time.:)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Cosmin Cad

• Glen1980

• Dana W

Do you know there are low cost alternatives to AutoCAD? Ex. - Bricscad.

Do you know there is a free 2D AutoCAD-clone called Draftsight by Dassault Systemes? They also provide a free user's guide.

Thank you for your answer. Yes i know Briscad but i have some useful lisp that dosen't go with other soft Cad. To be able to get an ok from the autorities we need to work with an original Cad soft not a free soft. Thank you for your time.

It is technically illegal for someone to sell or even give away their copy of AutoCAD.

If you need access to lisp then try BabaCAD as it supports lisp and it too is free. BabaCAD is Bosnian by the way.

Edited by ReMark

:) hi. I don,t need a sudent version. It is not ilegal to make a ghift your old verion of Autocad if you do not use it any more. It is important to be 3d but not essential.

No one said anything about a student version although if you were a student you could download AutoCAD for free.

Yes, it is still illegal even to give away one's copy of AutoCAD since AutoDesk has sold the user a license to "use" the program. In the eyes and in the EULA of AutoDesk users do not outright own their copies of AutoCAD or any other AutoDesk program.

OK, so now you need 3D capability. Thanks for letting us know.

Under a new program by AutoDesk AutoCAD can be rented on an "as needed" basis. Contact your local AutoDesk reseller for pricing information. You pay only for the time you need it.

Pay-as-you-go access to AutoCAD.

http://www.autodesk.com/subscription/desktop

Bricscad does 3D.

https://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/bricscad/3dmodeling.jsp

By the way....Bricscad supports lisp too. Search on "Bricscad"+"lisp". You would have to look at the Pro or Platinum versions I believe. The Pro version retails for $600 U.S. and the Platinum version retails for $920 U.S.

I just noticed that there is support for Lisp in the Classic version as well. No 3D though.

HI. If anyone think that can help me is ok, if only one user use a version it is no problem. Of course it will not be ok to resell your original soft if you are not a reseller authorized. It will be ok all alternative which will came with a serial key (not use any more).

I repet if anyone want to help me is ok, even with a advise regarding free software able 3d. I am a Autocad fan as much as i am a fan of nature ( a green man). Let me to make a remark: I am searcing for Santa (because i still belive). Thank you for your time.

Anyone with any integrity that has a copy of AutoCAD they no longer use would not give it away to you or to anyone else who asks. So you are basically left searching for a Santa that has no integrity.

OK...let's say you find your Santa. After a certain period in AutoCAD's history the person installing the software would have to go online (or call) AutoDesk to request an authorization code. Before the code is downloaded to the user's computer the "legality" of the software would be checked. If you were found to be in possession of a copy of AutoCAD previously licensed to someone else you would not receive an authorization code. This would leave you with a program that, at best, would operate for 30 days before it became unusable.

Yes, there were versions (earlier ones) that shipped with a serial number (000-00000000) and an authorization code (XXXXXXXX). I happen to have several of these one of which is AutoCAD 2004. But it is registered to the company I work for and cannot be handed over (transferred) to anyone else even if the company wanted to.

If you are looking for a free version of a CAD program that has 3D capabilities do an Internet search.

Of course it will not be ok to resell your original soft if you are not a reseller authorized. It will be ok all alternative which will came with a serial key (not use any more).
I believe the licensing for AutoCAD is a "lease". So, you cannot sub-lease a lease. You'll be hard pressed to find someone to give away their legal copy of AutoCAD on this forum.

From Autodeck.com

What is a license transfer or transfer of license (TOL)?

Our software licenses are usually not transferrable to another company, but under certain circumstances, we may approve an exception application and consent to a transfer of license. A transfer of license is the transfer of software license ownership from the original licensee to a new one or a transfer of rights to use the license from one country to another.

How do I apply for a license transfer exception?

Complete the License Transfer Exception Application.

Print and sign your Application.

Scan your signed Application and save it to your computer in a PDF format.

Complete our online Customer Assistance web form

In the How May We Assist You? Field, enter "License Transfer Exception Application."

Attach all the relevant documentation to your request and a case will be created on your behalf.

So it is possibile, like everything else in this Univers, and it would be absurd if someone wants to help another not to be able to do it. This mean Santa. To do a kind gest to another people, so I belive so.

Sorry, no license transfer from me or the company I work for. I hear that very few if any of these requests are actually granted. For most it is an exercise in futility.

Let us know how many people volunteer to hand a license over to you though. It will be most interesting to see in any event.

So it is possibile, like everything else in this Univers, and it would be absurd if someone wants to help another not to be able to do it. This mean Santa. To do a kind gest to another people, so I belive so.

The only way you're going to get someone to go along with this is if they no longer use Autocad because once the license is transferred, the program will now belong to you and they will no longer be able to use it legally. So it is possible, but highly unlikely that 1. You will find someone willing to give you their license, and 2. Autodesk will approve the license transfer. As it states in their explanation, license transfers are usually not transferrable except under certain circumstances and I don't think that just because you want a license and can't afford it is one of those circumstances. If it was, everyone would be doing it.

Do you think you will be able to provide the proof that Autodesk is requesting below?

What kind of proof do I need to transfer a license?

Examples of acceptable documentation are:

• A press release publicly announcing the basis for the transfer application
  • A signed certification under penalty of perjury by a senior executive of each company
  • Other reasonable evidence validating the basis for the transfer application.
  • For countries in Asia that involve governmental filings, official letters from the applicable countries’ registries are also required.

In the case of a transfer application from one country to another, documentation must be provided for both countries as appropriate.

FYI: Bricscad can run lisp routines just the same as Autocad.

It should be easy enough to find a "discouraged" copy of pretty much any software in Eastern Europe. I question why such a strenuous fishing expedition is being conducted on this particular forum. This OP seems pretty hard to dissuade. I sense more to it. Ask the OP if they are wearing a wire?;)

I like the idea of 'discouraged' AutoCAD.

Sounds like the old trick of reprogramming a co-workers commands so that he keeps getting asked:

'Do you really want to do that?'

'Are you sure?'

AutoCAD costs a lot of money in the United States. I think it is now around $4,200 U.S. I understand that it costs maybe 50% more over in the U.K. and Europe. In my opinion that is way too much to pay. I would look at other alternatives as previously mentioned. If you search this site you'll find a thread I created about low cost alternatives to AutoCAD. Since I wrote it I wouldn't be surprised to find there are additional options available.