Help a new engineer!

Cosmin Cad

HI. If anyone think that can help me is ok, if only one user use a version it is no problem. Of course it will not be ok to resell your original soft if you are not a reseller authorized. It will be ok all alternative which will came with a serial key (not use any more).

I repet if anyone want to help me is ok, even with a advise regarding free software able 3d. I am a Autocad fan as much as i am a fan of nature ( a green man). Let me to make a remark: I am searcing for Santa (because i still belive). Thank you for your time.

think of Microsoft licensing....

MS are the little lapdogs of this world, whereas AutoDesk are trained killer attack dogs.

there is the 30days free use and there's paying. for non-students, that's about it. i would highly recommend DraftSight for 2D though.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Cosmin Cad

• Glen1980

• Dana W

FYI Remark the asking price for Vanilla AutoCAD in the UK is £3800 which is in the ballpark of $6-6100. Given they only have to change/add a few letter around in the spell check dictionary they rake it in from us Brits! BTW that is the without VAT (sales tax=20%.)

I wasn't that far off then now was I? Personally, I think you're getting a raw deal. It's not even like AutoDesk can claim the difference is in the cost of shipping and handling. Can you say RIPOFF?

It's probably the EU's fault (honest I don't read the Daily Mail!) They probably wouldn't let Autodesk sell it more cheaply in the UK than the rest of Europe so the UK gets the higher price. Then if they have any sense they run all of their profits through Ireland that has really cheap Corporation Tax compared with everyone else.

HI. I need ideas from land surveyour - what software they use -which are the best -which are free or affordable - like TopoCal - I need a software to process data after a job in the field with a total station. I have an Topcon 3107N. I need a software with I can represent the area i mesured. Thank you for your time.

It's probably the EU's fault (honest I don't read the Daily Mail!) They probably wouldn't let Autodesk sell it more cheaply in the UK than the rest of Europe so the UK gets the higher price. Then if they have any sense they run all of their profits through Ireland that has really cheap Corporation Tax compared with everyone else.
Aw come on. Do you know how many times they have to use an extra "U" just in the word Colour, on your side of the water? :lol: It only goes for $4195.00 over here.

Aw come on. Do you know how many times they have to use an extra "U" just in the word Colour, on your side of the water? :lol: It only goes for $4195.00 over here.

But they don't even to bother to flip the e and the r in centre!

Rather than steal this post, lets winge on a seperate post Ps Autcad $7500 AUS. Yeah screw the guys down under.

I think I get it now. AutoDesk pricing is based on distance. I wonder what a seat of AutoCAD would cost on Fiji? Better yet...the moon.

Did you ask Topcon about their "Magnet" software

Have you used it and if so, how does it compare to say Civilcad 7.21?

Rather than steal this post, lets winge on a seperate post Ps Autcad $7500 AUS. Yeah screw the guys down under.

Australia always gets screwed over on digital content from the US.

But they don't even to bother to flip the e and the r in centre!
Hey, it was your choice to use those words the French way. ;) :P

You do know why French has so many extra and silent letters in it, right? Back when they were still employing scribes to put the French language in writing and to standardize spelling, they paid them by the letter. Apparently AutoDesk is still using that business model.

Beaucoup is pronounced Boku, but I don't know why the English word for it, Beautiful surpasses it by one letter.

Beaucoup is pronounced Boku, but I don't know why the English word for it, Beautiful surpasses it by one letter.
That's funny. When I go to France Beaucoup means "lots" (as in merci Beaucoup). Far fewer letters in English.