sheets

bjenk8100

Hello,

I worked for a consultant not too long ago and he briefly showed me how to utilize sheets inside a drawing. I do not remember having to have to use sheet set manager. He just had numerous sheets on the tab next to the model and layout tabs. It was great having a bunch of drawings inside the one file. I can figure out how he did it and he hasnt reached back to me. Any feedback would be great.

fyi - acad 2010 and acad 2014 pending at work or home

i just remember having a bunch of sheets on layout/model bar. I would right click sheet and add more if i wanted.
Oh, OK. Yeah, just right click, Move or Copy. That works too. I don't know about before, but 2014 and 2015 have a "+" tab. Clicking that adds a new layout in place, at the end.

Since sheets mean something other than layout tabs in AutoCad, vocabulary may prove to be confusing. Sheets are the result of a sheet set creation or the output of the batch plot/publish save option concerning the sheet list (*.dsd file) I forgot what the file extension for a sheet set is.

I think you are referring to multiple layout tabs in one or more drawings. Um, If you have one modelspace tab, you have one drawing. With two or more dwg files open at the same time, in one AutoCad session (window) you will have a set of layout tabs for each separate drawing. Clicking on one of the drawings will change the layout tab list that is available while that drawing is current.

how you snap to outside of paper space page. Also, is it possible to snap to printing extents box (dotted line) in paper space? Its not a big deal but when I made my title block Ii wanted to offset from that dotted line 3/8". I just zoomed in real close and got as close as possible and drew 3/8" lines out. Then zoomed back in and moved it closer until visibly very close. In addition, I never understood why to make a title block a block. I just set up templates and make "my" title block not a block. When you copy a new layout the title block shows up in paperspace and you can change stuff in paper space and the original one remains the same.