how to turn many assemblies into parts

danielk

Hello

is there a fast way to use parts i download from vendor (like parts coming from traceparts.com) that comes as assembly but i want to use as one part? i have thousands of those parts but they all come as small assembly , a thing that make my real assembly slow.

i know the derive option , but in this case ill have to do it one by one and its not really efficient

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Best way are two simple command--1. Under assembly / Component/ Shrinkwrap and 2. Level of detail/right click on it , on level on detail/ new subtitutes/ derive assembly Just follow what the dialog box then you will arrive to Part that you need. Good Luck!

Best way are two simple command--1. Under assembly / Component/ Shrinkwrap and 2. Level of detail/right click on it , on level on detail/ new subtitutes/ derive assembly Just follow what the dialog box then you will arrive to Part that you need. Good Luck!

where is "level of detail"?

Top left hand side on the tree,open View:Master (above Origin)

so its two different methods? not realted to each other .just want to make sure (im new to this )

Thanks!