Civil 3D 2014 Prospector causing issues with multiviewports

SMP

We recently switched to Civil 2014 and one huge headache i have been experiencing is that every so often when i open C3d2014 it will open up model space with multiple viewports?

I thought i had this figured out but now it seems the problem is related to the Prospector tool space?

Has anyone else noticed their screen do this when they pop open the prospector toolspace.

Before i open prospector

before.JPG

After i open prospector:

after.JPG

Again this is just random when this happens for the most part. I will go weeks at a time before autocad blows up and all my docked toolspaces are gone and this starts happening again? I usually have to rebuild my workspace after all this too and that is the most frustrating part i think.

Any help would be appreciated.

Something's definitely going on, but your issue isn't Toolspace, IMO.

I've been using Civil 3D since we deprecated Land Desktop Companion 2009, using Civil 3D 2011, 2012, 2014, and now 2015, and I've never seen such behavior when showing\hiding Toolspace Palette.

Are you the only user experiencing this at your office?

Only when in a particular (corrupt?) drawing, or project?

Do you have internal customizations? Have you tried to reproduce this situation with those disabled?

If you are the only one experiencing this undesired behavior, have you asked IT/Admin to perform a repair (or clean?) installation?

Also, the fact that you're having to recreate your workspace is an issue unto itself; reload a workspace, sure, but if you're having to literally recreate it, then it sounds as though your office overwrites Main/Enterprise CUI when your logon script executes. Either that, or you're working on a Slim/Diskless workstation, and consuming your OS session from a VDI environment, where the virtual machine you boot into, is actually hosted on the server/cloud (and is being restored to a VM checkpoint each night).

Cheers