Details and symbols

MIRZA_ATIF

Hi,

I am new in this forum and don't know well that what topics has discussed in this forum i just want to know that how to and where to add details in a map or in a civil drawing like symbols and elevation symbols like an all that. So please give me any link or video tuts link where from i can get the ideas. Thanks :)

If all you are using is AutoCAD 2007 then about all you can do is create a block library and insert the blocks as needed. Look at using the design center and creating a block library on YouTube.

If all you are using is AutoCAD 2007 then about all you can do is create a block library and insert the blocks as needed. Look at using the design center and creating a block library on YouTube.

I know it how to make libraries and design centre just i need to know that what are the meaning of the symbols mean in detail there are some symbols which means i don't know i just want to know that is there a discription or a pdf file where from i can know the meaning of those symbols.

And i am also using autocad 2015

What you need to find is a "legend" that is used for a typical civil engineering drawing. The legend will show a series of symbols with their description. So you may have symbols for:

-poles

-manholes

-fire hydrants

-trees

-iron pins or monuments

-street signs

-catch basins

-retaining walls

-mailboxes

-fence posts

In addition to symbols there will be linetypes used for specific entities such as:

-storm drains

-sanitary sewers

-water mains

-property lines

-right-of-way lines

-fencelines

-natural gas lines

-telephone lines

-electrical lines

-fiber optic lines

Any one of the civil engineering forum members should be able to provide you with a screen shot of their typical legend. Be patient.

I know it how to make libraries and design centre just i need to know that what are the meaning of the symbols mean in detail there are some symbols which means i don't know i just want to know that is there a discription or a pdf file where from i can know the meaning of those symbols.

And i am also using autocad 2015

As ReMark stated, you need a legend and may have some luck in the Civil forum but some vary by regions even over here in the USA, Best thing is do a search in Google for Civil symbols for your area or ask your local civil firm there for a sample legend.

Also you may want to update your profile here to show you are using AutoCAD 2015.

You realize you initially asked about symbols used in a civil engineering drawing yet you post images taken from an architectural drawing?

Numbers 7 and 8 will the user to an elevation view that will appear on another sheet in the drawing set.

Number 9 (and others similar to it) appear to be referring to actual floor/surface elevations.

I have no idea about numbers 1 and 3 at the moment. Too faint for me to clearly discern.

I too was thinking number 1 could be a light but it is the only one shown on a drawing that has at least six rooms.

Strange that someone from Pakistan would reference a drawing done in imperial units (architectural feet and inches). I would have expect metric units.

The OP did not inquire about the section symbols either.

#1 is a ceiling J-Box (4 square box) for a ceiling fan. It is usually mounted to the structure to support the fans weight.

It can be just a light.