Revit Layer Mapping

addesigns

I am wondering if there is a way/anyone knows how/if it is possible to make Revit produce the leader into one layer and the text into another layer when creating a DWG from Revit.

I understand the layer mapping and all that jazz so I don't need an explanation. Im just not seeing any way to make them separate. I was hoping that there was some type of segregation between TEXT and TEXT with a leader but there doesn't seem to be.

Any help would be great.

They do, but they have been coming in on the same assigned layer as text. I was hoping to change that. Also the text comes in with a masking background when it exports into AutoCAD. I hate that as well

Just tested and no they do not get exported as leaders.

As to the layer it seems to be determined by what the leader is associated with. I'm guess that there is not much you can do about it.

Background mask only gets exported if it is applied to the text in Revit.

Yeah, sorry my bad, your right leaders do export but with the text so it is understandable that it would be on the same layer as the text since it is apart of it. As for the masking background I figured it was because the text is either opaque or transparent in revit.

I have one more for you. The rebar sucks for what we want to show when exported into AutoCAD. Is there a way that you know of to make it not a polyline looking block and have it show up like it was a 2d line drawn versus using the actual rebar tool? The coworker, whom is no longer here, didn't follow the "no using rebar tool" rule that we have and I have had to redraw over all the rebar in CAD since it came in way ugly and not what out company wants.

Yeah, sorry my bad, your right leaders do export but with the text so it is understandable that it would be on the same layer as the text since it is apart of it. As for the masking background I figured it was because the text is either opaque or transparent in revit.

I have one more for you. The rebar sucks for what we want to show when exported into AutoCAD. Is there a way that you know of to make it not a polyline looking block and have it show up like it was a 2d line drawn versus using the actual rebar tool? The coworker, whom is no longer here, didn't follow the "no using rebar tool" rule that we have and I have had to redraw over all the rebar in CAD since it came in way ugly and not what out company wants.

Rebar tools are awesome in Revit once you get used to how it works. In the View, set the Structural Rebar category to Coarse and it'll convert to a single line. Choose a 5 or 6 lineweight to thicken up the Rebar to get the look right. When you export to DWG it should remain a single line.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know why the layer modified I added to the Strucutral Framing does not show up on the correct layer that I assign it to when I export it to CAD? I added the Phase Created modifier and set Existing to color 3. When I export it into CAD it show up as color 215. What am I missing?