Buying a Notebook to run Autocad 2015

Felix Carter - Shaw

Hi

Basic Info is that I'm wanting to buy a Lenovo s20 laptop with a;

Intel® Celeron® Processor N2840 (2.16 GHz, 2.58 GHz with Burst, 1 MB cache)

Ram 4 Gb

Storage 320 Gb

Im basically wondering will the processor run Autocad 2015

if not is there any small laptops (smaller the better) that are cheap and cheerful.

It my "run" it, by that I mean it'll open... but that's not enough specs at all to run AutoCAD. Definitely not enough RAM. 8GB would be absolute bare minimum and I still would recommend 16GB.

I cannot recommend this spec at all. In fact I'd just go ahead and say do not purchase that laptop for AutoCAD 2015. Core i5, 16GB RAM with the Intel 4000 series on-board graphics would be bare minimum in my opinion.

You could probably buy a fairly decent used laptop off craigslist that would run AutoCAD 2015 for the same price you are willing to pay for an under-performing notebook.

Thanks for all the help so far

So what sort of laptop would you guys recommemd then, I mean I do have access to other more power computer but they are desktops the idea behind this laptop is to be light as I'm travelling quite a lot