Autocad true view

084x4larry

my coworker only has this on his workstation. I have never used true view (only autocad fullblown versions) but he was having an issue and i sat down to help but i couldn't even see my typing on the command line! is there a setting for this or something? maybe wrong forum... but if anyone could help i would appreciate. thanks.

There is no command line in TrueVIEW, it is for viewing, and printing drawings, and for converting drawings between different AutoCAD formats.

As murph says if he wants to do any drawing then he needs proper AutoCAD.

There is a FREE option in Autocad 360 which is a cloud based version of Autocad that will let you create markups and redlines and has some drawing and editing tools.

It is available for Windows, Mac, and Andriod.

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/autocad-360/overview

For interest what was the issue your co-worker was having with Trueview?

ok nuke.. that explains it why no command line. Thanks for this valuable info. He was trying to get a dimension on some epuipment for our plant we are building. I opened the dwg from my station(autocad 15 mechanical fullblown) and it dimmed correct but on his (trueview only) which does have a measure command, it was reading in inches for one thing when it should read metric and secondly it was not even converting to inches correctly (like scale was off or something) so i dont know what was the issue because he typically can measure to check stuff and they read correctly for him on other dwg files.... but you peak my interest when you mentioned the 360 thing because (they recently upgraded me to acad 15 and when they did i now have autodesk 360 icon on my desktop and i dont know what this is... could my coworker use this some how to have better than trueview at his disposal?? thanks again..

EDIT: Now that the issue has been set out more clearly, and upon re-reading, my post seems a little over the top, and somewhat sarcastic, but I meant it in a good way.

This is sort of like mounting a bronze equine statue and trying to enter it in a steeplechase.

There is a visible command line, but it only echos commands executed by the ribbon buttons. There is no user input function to that command line. TrueView was cloned straight from AutoCad program code and retains all the visual clues required for the user to get it to function as a viewing and plotting app without much of a learning curve.

I might assume that in the absence of the command line in TrueView, a user familiar with AutoCad would immediately think it was broken upon starting the program and just come to a grinding brain halt right there simply because the rest of the program window looks almost exactly like AutoCad. In AutoCad a missing command line gives users head cramps right away.

Without trying to insult anyone, I might offer a suggestion >>>:rtfm:

EDIT: Now that the issue has been set out more clearly, and upon re-reading, my post seems a little over the top, and somewhat sarcastic, but I meant it in a good way.

This is sort of like mounting a bronze equine statue and trying to enter it in a steeplechase.

There is a visible command line, but it only echos commands executed by the ribbon buttons. There is no user input function to that command line. TrueView was cloned straight from AutoCad program code and retains all the visual clues required for the user to get it to function as a viewing and plotting app without much of a learning curve.

I might assume that in the absence of the command line in TrueView, a user familiar with AutoCad would immediately think it was broken upon starting the program and just come to a grinding brain halt right there simply because the rest of the program window looks almost exactly like AutoCad. In AutoCad a missing command line gives users head cramps right away.

Without trying to insult anyone, I might offer a suggestion >>>:rtfm:

no, no, i didnt take it that way... you perfecly decribed the way i felt when i sat down to help him... "what the hell is wrong with this thing!" Where is my command line???

no, no, i didnt take it that way... you perfecly decribed the way i felt when i sat down to help him... "what the hell is wrong with this thing!" Where is my command line???
:rofl:We are both speaking from experience, then.:rofl::beer: