Help exploding this layer:

antoniopradofilho

Im trying to explode this layer:

01_Malha Urbana

but cad refuses to select it, and somehow this layer is linked with this other "LOCKUP"layer who refuses to be deleted too! im uploading the file with those layers isolated from the rest of the drawing.

thanks

Object is an MINSERT block

From Help --> MINSERT

Blocks inserted using MINSERT cannot be exploded.
Solution --> Blocks inserted using MINSERT cannot be exploded. ... but I recommend changing the properties to 1 row and 1 column, as there are currently 2 row and 2 columns with no offset (ie 4 blocks on top of each other)

Having said that, I'd recommend just deleting the MINSERT block and reinserting as a regular block.

Edited by nestly

Using a custom routine I found online I was able to explode the minsert block and delete the layer named 01_Malha Urbana.

After some further effort I was also able to delete the layer named LOCKUP.

This is a list of the layers that remain.

LayLayers.PNG

There are 64170 objects remaining in the drawing. I saved the drawing in 2010 file format and got the file size down to a little under 3MB (2.90MB).

I ran the Overkill command on this drawing and it found and deleted 8122 duplicate objects and 442 overlapping objects. Saved it again, under a different name, and got the file size down to 2.6MB. I think that is the best I will be able to do.

LayDWG.jpg

This is what your drawing now looks like. I assigned each layer, other than 0, a different color to better visualize the results. The four layers, in descending order, were assigned the colors red, yellow, green and cyan. Layer "limites" is cyan colored. I put the border on layer 0.

I guess you found another solution. I'll be signing off now.

Edited by ReMark

Thank you for the help remark and nestly, but unfortunately had to appeal unfair methods to solve this problem. Plotted the file with only the layer "Lockup" visible to a pdf file, and then opened it in ilustrator, then I exported the file back to .dwg and so finnaly exploded Those lines from 01_MalhaUrbana.

I would like to make it clear here that this dwg is not of my authorship, it belongs to the cityhall of São Paulo (Brazil) and is mapping the São Paulo coast, a little pieceof the the Brazilian coast.

thank you again