LAS File issue - Civl3D 2014

PotGuy

Should be 2015! :doh:

Just starting work on a new Tender today, on the back on a previous Tender which was a large Civil Project.

So I nab a few LiDAR (LAS) Files from the Client and have a small play round with them. ReCap recognises the LAS files, and I tell it to try an agressive noise filter. I thinks about it for a second and the files fails to load in ReCap. I try this again with a few other LAS Files, with the same process and outcome.

info1.jpg

I then try going to Civil 3D directly, loading the files in as a Point Cloud. Info typed in, I move to Source Data and pick a few LiDAR Files. Civil 3D DOES recognise these files as LiDAR, but it DOES NOT add them in as "Files to be imported into the new Point Cloud Database."

info2.png

This Tender isn't high priority atm but this could be an issue that needs to be resolved quickly. Looking into similar cases. Surely not just me who's had this!

I'm a little stumped as our previous Tender used ~30gb of LiDAR and was fine.

Anyone have the foggiest of ideas of what could be the issue?

*update*

Issue resolved itself. Turns out it's borehole data that goes 2km deep, and used Gamma radiation (Yeek!) to generate info. on the ground conditions. It then saved as a LAS file, which is why it wasn't working and had our heads scratching.

Mods, can you please close thread?