need help on front view and possibly other view

artemisrpg

Maybe just work on getting the main body of the object drawn first in all three views then go back an add the rest?

Use the top and a side views for projecting lines that will help you create the front view. Were you taught this technique?

Edited by ReMark

I am working on the front view and now I don't know what to do.

I can see where you might have difficulty with drawing the front view as there is a lot going on with this object. You have both a slanted back and top, the circular objects standing vertically up from the base, and a few holes as well as a couple of slots/notches to contend with.

You wouldn't happen to have an 3D modeling skills would you? I'd model this as a 3D solid in AutoCAD then extract the necessary views using the Base View command.

I can see where you might have difficulty with drawing the front view as there is a lot going on with this object. You have both a slanted back and top, the circular objects standing vertically up from the base, and a few holes as well as a couple of slots/notches to contend with.

You wouldn't happen to have an 3D modeling skills would you? I'd model this as a 3D solid in AutoCAD then extract the necessary views using the Base View command.

Nope, I haven't learn how to do 3D modeling yet. I also tried to make the top and the side view too but it's still not helping me get anywhere with the front view.

You are probably going to have to stick with the orthographic projection technique, then. Back in the days of paper & pencil we had no choice. We used to project the width and height of the round objects as rectangles, since inclined they will appear as ellipses or partial ellipses. Once we established the width and height of the temporary rectangles (inclined circles) we'd draw an ellipse into the rectangles later, using a hard plastic ellipse template.

On paper, we'd only have to make a tick mark where the ellipses hit their respective width and height, but in AutoCad it's much faster to draw a temporary rectangle.

You should also project the rounded part's center lines too, both horizontal and vertical.

Do you also have to draw those two rotated auxiliary views?

Don't be afraid to draw as many construction (temp) lines as you need.

I've attached a modified version o your drawing including some ideas to get you out of draftsman's block. You almost have all you need for a three view already. Accuracy and completeness is your problem. :)

105HieuLe9-4.dwg

You are probably going to have to stick with the orthographic projection technique, then. Back in the days of paper & pencil we had no choice. We used to project the width and height of the round objects as rectangles, since inclined they will appear as ellipses or partial ellipses. Once we established the width and height of the temporary rectangles (inclined circles) we'd draw an ellipse into the rectangles later, using a hard plastic ellipse template.

On paper, we'd only have to make a tick mark where the ellipses hit their respective width and height, but in AutoCad it's much faster to draw a temporary rectangle.

You should also project the rounded part's center lines too, both horizontal and vertical.

Do you also have to draw those two rotated auxiliary views?

I do have to draw those 2 views too. I haven't have much experience with auxiliary view yet so I don't know how well I can draw it or if I can even draw it at all. I will check out the file and attempt it once more in a few hour as I don't have access to autocad right now.

I do have to draw those 2 views too. I haven't have much experience with auxiliary view yet so I don't know how well I can draw it or if I can even draw it at all. I will check out the file and attempt it once more in a few hour as I don't have access to autocad right now.
All the magenta lines I put in are some temporary projection/construction lines, on a new layer just for them. I moved your 45 deg line. It was too close to your existing view. The white lines, of course are eventually going to be edges of the object. They will need trimming, and filleting in places. Always use temporary lines of a completely different and bright color, so it will be easy to differentiate them from your object lines. erase them as soon as it is possible to do so. The less clutter, the eaier it is to visualize what you have to draw yet.

I only did enough to give you a good idea on how to get your shapes built quickly from the information you have.

Those other views aren't that hard, really. You have made a good start on the main view, I guess that is the front view, although this particular object doesn't seem to have an obvious front. Check your first view for absolute accuracy. Any mistakes in it will carry over to the other views, using ortho projection.

Draw the top & end views next. That way, you'll get used to projecting your construction lines across the 45 deg angle if you have to. Then you can figure out what the angles are for projecting the other views.

A lot of the time, you really won't need to project anything, because you will begin to be able to visualize the object more easily as you draw it, and then you will start laying it out according to the dimensions on the example because you will know more of how to relate the views in the drawing, and the "3D" picture that will be developing in your head. Orthographic projection was developed as a tool to find those relationships between the parts of an object that are not all that easy to visualize. You will find that eventually, it is almost unnecessary to use the method.

You know, you can rotate your existing views if it makes it easier to have horizontal and vertical projection lines. For instance, if you rotate the front view you have already drawn 60 deg counterclockwise, you can project most of the lines for those Aux views right off of it, straight down, and straight out to the left. Then, you can rotate all three views back clockwise 60 deg around the same base point you used originally to rotate the front view, when you are done.

That is one advantage AutoCad has over a piece of paper on a drafting board. Try that rotation trick with paper, and it will lead to geometry errors. Once the paper is taped to the board, it can't be moved until you're done, because it will never register completely straight again.

I did looked at the tutorial, but I've already know how to use orthographic projection. Sorry if it seems like I ignored you. I've always done the front view first before I start projecting and start on other view.

Not yet, I'm still having a little trouble with the right side of the part for the front view. According to the side view, the distance from the bottom of the part and where the 2 holes are is 51. The radius of the outer circle is 19 so the total distance from top to the bottom of the circle should be 38. And the distance from the bottom of the circle connecting the part on the bottom should be 14 but something seems off.